*Fake lovers*

*Requests : No one asked for this but I just finished reading To All the Boys I've Loved Before for the millionth time and I thought I should include a one-shot for Lumax in that same sort of genre (fake dating). Lara Jean has tons of Lucas's characteristics and Peter has the same attitude and sarcasm as Max so I thought maybe I could do something with that. I based it on that but it will be very different. I hope you like this!!

Ps- I'm not taking any one-shot requests right now. Sorry, I will be taking them again soon. All other requests will be published soon, sorry I'm taking so freaking long.

-

Max pushed through the groups of people in her school's crowded gymnasium. This is why she hadn't wanted to attend prom in the first place. She looked back making sure she'd be able to make an escape from her so-called boyfriend. Earlier in the year, Max and her school's registered heartbreaker had agreed to make a fake couple out of themselves.

However, things shifted for the worst. The fake feelings between the two were starting to feel more realistic. With her luck, Max tripped on her prom dress a few times and tore a hole in its expensive fabric. She exhaled on her way out of the gym, her mom was going to kill her for that one. Glad to be outside and free from all her classmates Max made her way over to the steps.

Not a fan of heels Max took a seat to ease the shooting pain in her ankles. She yanked them off placing the shoes firmly on the step beside her. Her bare feet on the ground, Max finally started to settle till she heard the unexpected sound of the heavy doors being opened behind her. She groaned already knowing who was approaching her.

Not facing him Max begged, "Lucas please, just give me a minute in peace." Snorting, Lucas moved over her heels and sat at their spot. "Oh common, it's not that bad in there." Max gave him a look, seriously concerned about his thought process. "Okay, it's pretty bad in there." He admitted itching his neck.

Scanning over Max's features, Lucas's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "You look tense," Max rolled her eyes at his attempt of being there for her. She coughed, "Gee, thanks," He shook his head not having meant it that way. He had simply been trying to be nice. "You know what I meant." Max only hummed in response, the two just sitting in silence for a while.

Lucas gulped his throat suddenly feeling dry. He had waited all night to find the right moment to tell her but still nothing had worked in his favour. He found himself aching to do it, knowing that if he didn't do it now he probably never would. Breaking the silence Lucas turned to look at Max. He blurted unexpectedly, "I kissed you and it felt real." Max's eyes widened in shock.

She sat dumbfounded still listening to the boy rant beside her. "I don't know why I'm just now realizing this but I can't keep doing this with you." Lucas persisted, going on with his rehearsed spiel. "I can't keep lying to you, or to myself. I can't continue to play fake. It's not fair for either one of us." Max blinked not believing what she was hearing. 

Were these words really escaping  Lucas's mouth? "None of this was not real, not even for a second. You and I both knew it, even from the start. We both felt it when I kissed you the first time" He cleared his throat, "At first, all I could think about was that this was all fake after all. I was leaving once this all ended." Embarrassed he looked to his feet.

 "Why should I catch feelings and get hurt when I could just do this?" While thousands of ideas raced through his mind, something in him pushed him to grab ahold of Max's cold hand. "I want to kiss you again," He declared now past the point of no return. "But this time-" Max squeezed his hand hiding the large smile that started to creep onto her face. "For real." She finished.

Little did Lucas know, Max had been waiting months for this. Her face turned a light shade of pink at the thought. All those times she'd cried herself to sleep, it'd all been worth it. "It was all real, Lucas," Max murmured. Furrowing his eyebrows Lucas hadn't heard her. Max sighed and repeated herself.  "It was real." 

Lucas inched his face closer to hers, his breathing noticeable on Max's lips. "Then show me." He spoke quietly. Max grinned cheekily almost smirking. This was all she had ever wanted. And with that, Max leaped onto Lucas and pushed her lips gently against his own. Sure, the two had kissed before but this time was different. It hadn't been the same as before. 

Something inside them had strangely gotten triggered this time because it was no longer fake. It no longer needed to be pretend. It was real. It had been real all along. For once, they could be honest with each other and nothing had to be hidden. They didn't need to fake it. Their love was real. And right now, they could feel it more than ever.

-