*In his arms*

*Requests : Hey guys, I wrote this myself after re-watching season four so... Warning, it's soul crushing and you will definitely cry, so get your tissues ready and brace yourself! I apologize in advance and hope you kinda enjoy...! Love u and feel free to comment requests!

-

Lucas shook as he cradled Max in his arms, blood smearing all over his clothes. Max tried to smile at his touch, her hands blindly reaching for his face. Realization setting in, Max spoke in a panic. "I... I can't see... Lucas, I can't see you," With tears continuing to poor down his cheeks, Lucas held her tighter. 

"Shh, Max, it's gonna be okay. Just... just try to keep talking." " I can't.. see-" Her blood smudged hand reached for Lucas's cheek, eyes trying their hardest to focus on him. "I can't..." She hiccuped, eyes tearing up even more, "I can't see you." "Shit, shit, shit, I'm sorry. God, I'm so sorry."

Lucas caressed her smaller body, his sweaty hands fidgeting with her loose strands of hair. "It'll be over soon, Max, we're getting you help. Don't worry. And then everything will be fine, okay?" Max shivered, her hands trying to find Lucas. "I- I'm sorry, I should've listened to you," "Hey, hey, this is not your fault."

Max sobbed quietly, her hands finally finding his. "It hurts so much, Lucas." She cried, hands tightly gripping his. Frustrated tears fell from his eyes, so angry that there was nothing he could do to ease her pain. "I know, I know it hurts. I'm so sorry, Max," "I... I was thinking of you." She hiccuped, cheeks flushed.

Lucas smiled slightly at her words, "You did so good, Max. Don't worry, you-you did so good." "I-I'm... I'm sorry." Lucas shifted, careful not to move her too much with all her injuries. He then gulped, quickly tugging her body closer to his. "You're slurring." Max's body weakened, sinking into his tight grip.

"Max! Max, stay with me!" Her eyes struggling to stay open, Max continued to weep, "I... I should've tried harder for you." Lucas's expression sunk even more. "I'm... s-so sorry... for p-pushing you away." Lucas shook his head quickly, "Max, stop, it's fine, it's okay." But Max persisted. 

"I... I always loved you, even when w-we weren't together... and, I'll always love you... if I don't leave this place." Lucas cried harder, "No. No, stop. Stop talking like that. You're gonna be fine. We're gonna fix you up, brand new. I promise." He looked up, praying to the heaven's that help would arrive sooner than later.

Max's mind drifted, in a state of nothingness as small tears continued to fall from her eyes.  "L-Lucas..." She smiled, "'Y-Yeah, it's Lucas, i'm here." Her faced dropped, colour draining from her face, "I'm scared," "Hey, stay with me. It's okay, you're safe, I got you."

Eyelids beginning to close, he slightly shook her, eyes squeezed shut. "Where are they? Where are they?!" He hugged her closely, lips pressed against her cold forehead. "Please..." He sobbed, "Please, Max. Please dont leave me." But Max didn't flinch, Lucas panicking when she didn't reply.

"Fuck, someone help!" He yelled loudly, desperate for anyone that could help at this point. "Please, God, no... Help!" In the midst of his cries, distant sirens grew louder, offering a glimmer of hope to his body as he continued to cling tighter to Max.

He whispered words of reassurance in her ear despite knowing she was unconscious or the possibility of... Lucas didn't even want to consider the second option. The wailing of sirens merged with the beating of Lucas's heart, both racing against time till he was finally flooded with a sense of relief.

Lucas cried tears of joy as paramedics appeared running into the room, "Thank God, thank you, p-please... Help her!" Their urgency matching the gravity of Max's condition, Lucas finally loosened his grip on her, allowing the professionals to take over.

He stood shaking behind them, a paramedic trying to inspect him for any injuries but soon realizing he's only drenched in Max's blood.  So, Lucas stayed there, trembling, as the paramedics tended to Max. A mixture of gratitude and fear filling his eyes ad he tried to block out the chaotic scene around him. Max was going to be okay. She had to be.

-