*Travelling*

*Requests : AshtonDooley0 asked for a modern au one-shot of Max and Lucas going to Hawaii. So I took it upon myself to write an airport one-shot which I haven't done yet. This one is sorta short but I still hope you all enjoy!

-

Amidst the bustling airport crowds, Max and Lucas navigated their way through the terminal, their six-month-old daughter cradled snugly in the baby sling on Max's chest. Anxiety knitted their brows as they approached the departure gate for their flight to Hawaii, where Dustin's wedding awaited.

"I hope we're not too late," Lucas muttered, glancing nervously at their boarding passes. "The last thing we need is to miss this flight." Max nodded, trying to soothe their baby, whose wide eyes seemed curious about the flurry of activity around her. "I know, but we made it through security, so that's something," she reassured, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

The announcements blared overhead, prompting them to quicken their pace. "Flight 425 to Honolulu, final boarding call," the voice echoed through the terminal."We're almost there," Max said, trying to keep her tone calm, although her heart raced with the urgency to reach the gate.

As they approached, the flight attendants were preparing to close the gate. "Excuse us, please, we're here for the flight to Honolulu," Lucas panted, trying to catch his breath. The attendant gave them a reassuring smile. "You made it just in time! Welcome aboard." Relieved, they settled into their seats, trying to make their little one comfortable.

"I hope she'll be okay during the flight," Max murmured, her concern evident.Lucas nodded, glancing at their daughter who seemed more interested in the view out the window than the chaos of the airport. "She's been doing great so far. We'll manage," he said, trying to sound confident. "I hope."

Lucas, hopeful for a smooth flight, glanced at the empty seat beside him and silently wished for some extra space. But fate had a different plan. A passenger, appearing rather hefty, approached and settled into the neighboring seat. With a tight squeeze and a shifting of weight, the spacious dream was shattered.

Lucas's heart sank slightly, hoping the lack of space wouldn't make the flight more challenging, especially with their daughter growing increasingly fussy as the plane began to taxi towards the runway. Max gently rocked her, trying to soothe her as the airplane ascended. "It's alright, sweetheart," Max cooed but the baby's discomfort grew evident, her tiny face scrunched up as she struggled with her ears popping.

Despite her pacifier, she still seemed uncomfortable. "It's okay, baby," Lucas murmured, patting her back gently. As he tried to adjust her position, the pacifier slipped from her mouth and landed on the floor. The baby let out a discontented whimper, drawing the attention of the nearby passenger. "Excuse me, sir, can you try to keep it down?" the person grumbled, visibly irritated by the movement.

Lucas, attempting to appease the situation, whispered an apology, scrambling to retrieve the pacifier without causing further disturbance. He felt the pressure of the situation, trying to balance soothing their daughter with not inconveniencing a passenger. Max's face grew red as she muttered a few silent words to herself, "Fuck my life."

The little one only continued to wail, despite their attempts to soothe her. Lucas, feeling the weight of the situation, took the baby in his arms, hoping his slight bouncing motion would help her settle. "It's okay, honey. Daddy's got you," Meanwhile, the disgruntled neighbor huffed, adjusting uncomfortably in his seat.

"Can't you get her to be quiet?" he grumbled, casting impatient glances at Lucas. "He's doing his best," Max replied, trying to keep calm amidst the stress. Eventually, the baby's cries began to subside, and she nestled against Lucas, her eyes growing heavy. Slowly, she drifted off to sleep, finding solace in her father's comforting embrace.

With a sense of relief, Lucas carefully snapped his seat belt back on, cradling their sleeping daughter, hoping for a peaceful remainder of the flight, despite the challenges that had marked the journey thus far. "Finally," he whispered, glancing apologetically at the neighboring passenger.

"Dustin's wedding better be worth it." Max remarked with a small sigh of relief. As their little one drifted off to sleep, Lucas and Max exchanged a relieved smile, silently hoping for a smoother remainder of the flight, their hearts grateful for the peaceful respite amidst the challenging journey.

-

𝙿𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚎 *𝙻𝚞𝚖𝚊𝚡जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें