*Kicked out*

*Requests : aexpathy1 had an idea for a one-shot where Max often climbed through Lucas's window late at night to avoid his parents getting mad at them except, this time, the two get caught by his mom. I put my own twist on this one so I hope you guys still like this one!!

-

Max tapped softly against Lucas's bedroom window as she waited patiently in the rain for him to open up. He was surprised by her arrival today since they usually spoke about it beforehand. He rubbed his weary eyes opening his window for her to crawl inside his dirty bedroom. If he'd known she was coming he would've cleaned up ahead. 

Max sniffled not noticing his mess of a room like she usually would've. She gave him no snarky comment, no strange look, nothing. Right away, Lucas knew that something was wrong with her. Her eyes were red with tears and her cheeks were stained with them. She shivered from the chilliness of the rain soaking wet from walking in a full-blown thunderstorm. 

Without wasting a second, Lucas shut the window behind her and wrapped her in his strong, warm, and safe arms. She sank into them needing him more than ever before. He carried his girlfriend over to his bed where she began to cry again. Doing his best to console her, he grabbed a pair of clean dry clothes in order to warm her up a bit. 

He turned away, letting her change while he listened to her cry to herself. Trying to smile at how thoughtful he was Max put on the oversized clothes he had lent her. Making her way back to him, Lucas took her in his arms once again and kissed her head while she continued to cry. Letting out a muffled version of "thank you," many times he nodded wrapping his blankets around her.

"What happened babe," He cooed playing with her velvety hair. Max sniffed taking a deep breath in order to speak. "M-My mom," She paused composing herself, "S-She was drinking and-" The sobs she had been trying to hold suddenly escaped her throat while hot tears poured down her face. Lucas pulled her back to himself kissing the temple of her face. 

"You're okay," He reassured noticing her sudden shaking. He didn't care what happened anymore, all he knew was that it had been bad. Plus, he didn't want Max to tell him about it if it was just going to get her all worked up like. She hiccuped once more a whimper escaping her lips. "She kicked me out, Lucas." Her head against his chest, Max wept.

Lucas's eyes widened at her words not anticipating her response. Max continued taking in another deep breath of fresh air, "And when you're not around... I keep thinking I might cry." Still crying she laughed at her own foolishness. "I've got you now." He promised, kissing her head once again. "I don't know what to do," Max wailed her tears leaking through Lucas's t-shirt.

"I'm so scared," She informed him being more vulnerable than ever. She felt altogether helpless, powerless, and weak at the same time. He hadn't ever seen her this distraught before. "You're okay Max," He assured, holding her body close to his own. "You're gonna be okay," He repeated not sure what he could say to make her feel better in this type of situation. 

"Get some sleep," He sighed covering her in more blankets. He made sure to watch her fall asleep as he listened to the raindrops hit his window. The soothing sound tired him out and all of a sudden Lucas felt his eyes grow fatigued. Letting them start to droop he shut them a bit before blinking a few more times till he was met with nothing but darkness.

-

Sooner or later, Lucas was bound to fall asleep beside her. Though, he had been smart and obviously set an alarm in order to wake both himself and Max up before both of his parents did. But despite this, the power had gone out at some point throughout the night and turned off his once helpful alarm. Opening his bedroom door his mother started, "Lucas honey it's-" 

With a creak, she froze at the sight displayed in front of her. "Noon." She finished, clearing her throat in surprise. Lucas turned at the sound of his mother entering the room, stretching and yawning in order to wake himself up. He sat up, Max still sprawled up on top of him. His eyes widened when he noticed his mom standing angrily in front of his doorway.

Laundry basket on her hip, she stated firmly that she wanted to see him downstairs in five minutes. "Mom-" He tried but she had already made up her mind slamming his door behind herself. Max jumped at the sound rubbing both her eyes. Lucas groaned with his head in his hands. "Shit." He shouted leaving Max confused. "What?" "Check the time," He sighed. 

Cursing at herself Max pieced together that his alarm hadn't gone off this morning. "My mom saw us," He soughed disappointed in himself. Max hopped off her boyfriend's bed and began to pace. "Fuck, shit, fuck!" She repeated hoping Lucas's mom wouldn't hate her now. "We gotta go down in five," He spoke sadly with the same tone in his voice as earlier.

He knew how strict his mother could be, meaning he and Max were about to get it. Five minutes later, Lucas and Max made their way down the steps of his home while they neared his fuming mother. She sat angrily folding a load of laundry on the sofa. The two sat on the chairs in front of her waiting for the women to speak to them before they said something that could be regretful.

"You two have anything to say about yourselves?" She asked with her arms crossed over her chest. "Listen, Mom, I can explain-" "Shut up Lucas," His mother instructed not hesitating in her use of vocabulary in front of Max. "Yes ma'am." He stopped speaking not wanting to get into any more trouble than he already was.  "Max, honey..." She threw her arms up.

"God, you know I love you," Mrs. Sinclair sighed shaking her head at the kids in front of her. "But what on earth were you thinking? The two of you sneaking around behind my back is unbelievable." Max went to speak but Lucas spoke louder cutting her off. "Mom please just listen!" Wanting to hear Max's side of the story first his mother only grumbled at him. 

"Jesus Lucas, let the girl speak," Hssing she turned back to Max and ignored her son's brief apology. "Going home isn't an option anymore." Mrs. Sinclair's eyes widened in realization. I just- I didn't know where else to go." Max sniffed, looking away from the women's eyes. "I never imagine how awful it must be at home for you since your stepfather left, huh?" 

Max's life back at home had been worse than she had ever imagined. "My mom, she's really stressed and she just drinks... a lot. And sometimes, it gets really bad." Mrs. Sinclair picked up her laundry basket filling it with the now folded clothes. "You're welcome to stay if you want." Lucas furrowed his brows not expecting his mother's soft words.

She began walking away with her laundry bin while she eyed the couple. "Just, please, no more sneaking around!" She yelled from a room putting her trust in the two kids. They nodded, happy that they hadn't gotten a lecture like his father would've done. She snorted walking back up the stairs, "You're just lucky your father wasn't home," She was a kid once too.

-