*Bad day*

*Request : Here's a request done by whaleobsession13, they asked for a one-shot where Max has a really bad day and goes to Lucas's house afterwards to calm down. They end up falling asleep together and his parents catch them, thinking they'd done more than sleeping. I hope you like it!

-

Max sighed, dragging her feet down the long hallway leading to Lucas's cozy bedroom. She turned the doorknob lazily, wanting nothing more but to disappear. "You're early," Lucas smiled confused, yet still glad to see his girlfriend back at his house so early. They had made plans yesterday but not till at least 9:30. Max was never early. 

Plus, she had work till 9:00... It was currently 4:30. Which was very early, to a worrying extent even. "Everything okay?" Lucas asked walking over to her as he furrowed his eyebrows. Noticing her more than exhausted state, he placed a gentle hand on her shoulder."Fired." Max frowned, pursing her lips as she dropped her things in the corner of his room.

Lucas was taken back by her words thinking she must've been playing some trick on him or something. "You're joking?" Lucas's mouth dropped, the possibility was close to impossible. Max loved her job and the people there loved her. There was no way she'd been simply fired like this. Crossing her arms annoyed, Max started to walk away. 

Speaking sarcastically, she shook her head, "Yes Lucas, Im joking," "No, no, I just don't understand," He pulled her back, grabbing her by the wrist. He clarified, making her shake her head at his words, "It doesn't matter, there isn't much to say anyways," She sniffled, holding back tears. Lucas noticed, grabbing both her hands. 

"I'm sorry babe," He muttered, pulling her close to his chest. Overwhelmed and upset, Max began to cry in his arms. With her horrible day, she felt like nothing ever seemed to go right for her. "It's okay Max," Lucas cooed, kissing her head as she cried softly into him. "I've got you," He reassured, caressing her smaller body as he brought her over to his bed. 

Delicately pulling her under the warm covers with him, Lucas couldn't even begin to imagine how tired Max was right now. A few months ago, she'd been working extra hours in order to help her mother pay bills around the house and her hard work hadn't even paid off. How was she going to come up with all this money now?

Lucas and his family had offered to help several times, seeing how Max was struggling but she obviously refused. Max ended up slowly falling asleep as she was exhausted after all. She just needed Lucas to help her relax. As she breathed in his scent she immediately felt the relief she was craving. 

Falling asleep, he stared down at her and brushed away a piece of her red hair. He studied her features and wiped her tears while her breath became heavy, she was beautiful. In Lucas's eyes, she was possibly the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. Even when tired, she never failed to take his breath away.

As Lucas's fingers traced down Max's spine she yawned, a smile and light blush spreading across her pail face. He never failed to make her feel better. While Max dozed to sleep laying on his chest, he left her with a feeling that everything was going to be okay. Fear no longer hurt her head or her heart. He told her that she was enough and for once she felt like she was.

Lucas effortlessly filled her up with strength as when she shut her eyes, he was the galaxies that existed behind her eyelids. Lucas was the man she'd imagined reading about in fairytale books as a child, yet she was here with him in his bed. To Max, Lucas was the stars that wandered throughout the night, reminding her of how wonderful it felt to dream. 

That was what Max had always been,  a dreamer. She constantly drifed in and out of her past, future and present experiences, she dreamed of what they should or could be. As Max drifted in and out of sleep, all that she was sure about was that she would love this boy till she took her very last breath. 

-

Mrs. Sinclair bursted into her son's room, exited to show him the new slippers she'd gotten herself at the mall earlier. Almosy instantly closing the door, her breath caught in her throat as she noticed her son and his girlfriend wrapped around each other in his bed. Oh my god, this could not be happening. 

Her husband down the hall raised a brow, confused by her reaction, "What?" Her husband asked confused by her reaction. Mrs. Sinclair crossed her arms, walking away from the room. "I swear to god when that boy wakes up, I'm going to beat his ass," Mr. Sinclair shrugged curious at his wife's words, opening the door to his son's room.

To his surprise, he found the young couple tangled in the sheets of his sons' bed as well. However, unlike his wife, he wasnt as upset but still unsure about how to feel. Disgusted, proud, disappointed. "Well, this stuff is bound to happen at some point," He sighed, shutting the door quietly. 

"What are you talking about?" Erica asked nosily making her father jump. He hadn't expected her to be standing so close to the door.  His hand on his heart, Mr. Sinclair yanked his daughter downstairs with him, "Nothing, leave you're brother and Max alone," Erica's eyes widened as she connected the dots, "Wait! And Max?!" Gross. 

-

Let's just say, dinner hadn't been enjoyable for both Max or Lucas. For a matter of fact, it hadn't been a good dinner for anyone who sat at the Sinclair's dinning room table that night. Mr. Sinclair cleared his throat, finally popping the long awaited question, "Did you guys at least use protection?" Lucas choked on his water as Max's cheeks turned red in embarrassment.

Erica pushed away her plate having lost her apatite. "What are you talking about?" Lucas coughed, water all over his shirt. "You and Max, your bed," His father pointed awfully convinced. "We didn't do anything!" Lucas sighed, his head in his hands. It was safe to say dinner had ended early for the family. I guess they'd never really know what happened in his room that afternoon.

-