*The right moment*

*Requests : Again, I came up with this one myself. Enjoy!

-

"You're pregnant?" It's not the tone of voice she was expecting. It's not one of pure shock, one that raises his voice a few octaves, jumping enough to meet his eyebrows in his hairline. It's not fear, he's not shaking his head and blinking like he misheard something.

It's not the tone Max was expecting at all when she sat him down, one month after getting married. His voice was filled with pure adoration, so soft and gentle that it made her belly feel fuzzy and warm. She wondered if the baby nestled right there could feel it.

"Just a few weeks, but..." "Oh, Max," he breathed, wrapping his arms around her frame. He didn't yank her off the floor and spin her around, nor did he squeeze her like his life depended on never letting go again. He just held her, one hand tangled in the back of her red hair and the other resting on her waist.

He let his thumb rub over the side of her abdomen, but Max wasnt sure if it was voluntary or not. He just stood there, stroking, tapping in patterns of three. Max's eyes misted as she felt Lucas's tender embrace, his touch so gentle yet filled with an overwhelming rush of emotions. She could sense the genuine joy radiating from him, and it made her heart swell.

"I wanted to tell you sooner," Max murmured, her voice soft with emotion. "I was just waiting for the right moment..." Lucas pulled back slightly, cupping her face in his hands. "I know it's soon but..." His eyes searched hers, "No, no, this is the perfect moment, Max. You've made me the happiest man alive."

Max felt tears brim in her eyes, overwhelmed by the depth of his reaction. "We're going to be parents," He chuckled, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead. Max laughed softly through her happy tears, feeling the weight of worry lifting from her shoulders with each word escaping from Lucas. "I was so nervous to tell you," she admitted, her voice laced with relief.

"I thought it might be too soon. I wasn't sure what you would think," Lucas shook his head gently, a tender smile gracing his lips. "No, seriously, this is perfect—us, together, a family." He pulled her into a warm embrace, holding her as if cherishing every moment. "I'm so happy," he murmured against her hair.

Max buried her face in the crook of his neck, overcome with gratitude for his understanding and love. "I'm so glad you're excited," she whispered, her voice muffled. "I can't wait to meet her," Lucas said, his voice filled with genuine enthusiasm. "Wait- her? What if it's a boy?"

Lucas laughed softly, the sound reverberating against Max's cheek as they remained nestled in their embrace. "I guess I'm just feeling like it's a girl," he mused, his voice carrying a hint of playful certainty. "But I guess it could be a boy too." Max lifted her head, her eyes shining with amusement. "You've already got a preference, huh?"

He shrugged with a grin, his eyes twinkling. "Just imagine little mini-Max running around, " Max laughed, a warmth spreading through her. "Oh, a mini-you would be something too." Lucas pulled her closer, his voice softening. "I can't wait."

Their conversation dissolved into quiet moments of anticipation, their thoughts drifting to the possibilities that lay ahead. In their playful banter and musings about their future together, they both shared excitement to embrace and celebrate their growing little family.

-