*Vacuum*

*Requests : Since I haven't gotten any requests yet on my most recent post, I took one-shot requests from way older chapters that I haven't yet used. Getting to the point, anacriestolumax asked for a one-shot of Lucas and Max being parents. Hope you all enjoy!!

-

Ever since their early days, Max and Lucas had always been the dynamic duo of Hawkins. Together, they navigated the strange and supernatural occurrences that went on in their little town. But now, their world was a little different. A lot different. Facing their most difficult adventure yet—parenthood.

"I think she's hungry again," Max whispered, cradling their daughter in her arms. "Didn't we just feed her?" Lucas yawned, rubbing his eyes in exhaustion."I swear, she's going through a growth spurt or something. She's been eating non-stop," Max replied, maneuvering to breastfeed their daughter.

Lucas glanced at the clock. "It's 3 AM. How do babies have more energy at this hour than we do all day?" Max laughed softly, gently rocking their daughter. "We signed up for this. Remember?" Their daughter finished feeding and let out a contented sigh. "Looks like she's out again," Lucas observed with a smile.

With their baby finally asleep, the couple sat exhausted in their cozy living room. The faint glow of their Christmas lights casting a warm ambiance inside the house, Lucas glanced over at Max with a mixture of awe and disbelief. Despite the late hour, Max sat watching their daughter, her eyes filled with an unspoken love.

"You know, I never knew I could find so much joy in watching someone sleep." Max grinned, placing their daughter back in her basinet. "Welcome to parenthood. You don't even want to hear the stuff Mike has told me." As their daughter began to stir again, Lucas sighed. "Maybe we should take turns sleeping... or attempt to, at least."

Max chuckled softly, exhaustion obvious in the dark bags under her eyes. "Fine. You take the first shift. I'll try to get some sleep." She stretched, attempting to ease the tension in her shoulders. Lucas nodded, stifling another yawn. "Alright, wake me if she starts her hunger cry again." Max muttered.

He settled into the nearby armchair, trying to make himself comfortable. As Max tucked herself under the blanket on the couch, she glanced over at Lucas. They both exchanged a tired smile, finding solace in each other. In the hushed stillness of the room, the soft sounds of their daughter's breaths mixed with the distant chimes of the clock.

Lucas gazed at the tiny bundle in the basinet, his heart swelling with an inexplicable love. His vision turned to his worn out wife, her body sprawled out over the couch, a mute snore escaping her lips. With the faint hum of the heater offering some comfort in the chilly night, he fought sleep by an inch.

-

As Lucas attempted to find a comfortable position in the armchair yet again, a soft whimper escaped their daughter, stirring Lucas from his semi-dozing state. He rubbed his eyes, glancing over at his still-drooling wife. "Max," he nudged her gently, "I think she's up again."

Max stirred, blinking slowly as she roused from her light slumber. "Huh?" she mumbled, wiping the drool from the corner of her mouth, slightly disoriented. "Already?" She sat up, running a hand through her tousled hair, trying to shake off the remnants of sleep.

Their daughter's soft cries grew more insistent, prompting Lucas to rise from the armchair. "Looks like she's ready for more," he said with a faint smile, lifting their daughter from the basinet. Max stifled a yawn, shuffling closer to Lucas, her eyes still adjusting to the dimly lit room.

"Alright, let's see what you need this time," She cooed, reaching out to gently stroke their daughter's tiny hand. As Lucas paced around the room, soothing their baby with gentle swaying, Max stretched and stifled another yawn. "Do you think she's hungry again?" She asked, trying to stave off the overwhelming fatigue that had settled in.