*Liar, Liar*

*Requests : Hey, you guys always seem to like these types of one-shots so I quickly came up with this, enjoy!

-

Max sat absolutely furious, fingers typing so aggressively that Lucas could've sworn her phone was going to split in two. Her light eyebrows were furrowed, frustrated sighs and groans coming from her spot at the edge of the bed. Lucas was propped up against the headboard, waiting patiently for Max to start complaining again. The girl threw her head back, "I just... I don't get it!" She rolled onto her stomach and continued to type.

Looking over at Max, Lucas tried his best to remain patient. "Hm?" He asked, trying his best to keep up the facade. "She just keeps saying- Uh!" Max looked at her phone with a mix of confusion and disgust, starting to type again with even more anger than before. "What's going on? It can't be that big a deal." Lucas scoffed, rolling his eyes at his girlfriend's dramatics. "Stacy is saying that I told her ex that she was hanging out with Jessie but I literally never said that!"

She went on in protest, not raising her gaze from her phone's screen, "She said that I'm a lying bitch but she doesn't even have proof!" Lucas shifted, his throat tightening as he listened to the full details of the conversation. Max re-read the messages, still typing while she tried to bring Lucas up to speed. "She won't let me get a word out, Jesus!" She groaned, finally looking up at Lucas as tears slowly started to brim her pale eyes.

He gently pulled her up towards him,  "Hey... Hey it's okay, um..." He ran a delicate hand through her red hair, "Let's just... Go to her house. Try to sort things, yeah?" Max furrowed her brows at her boyfriend's crazy suggestion. "Really..?" "Yeah," "Fine." His eyes widened in surprise when she nodded her head in agreement, "Really?" He asked, a little caught off-guard. "Yeah, let's go." Max grinned, her voice an angry murmur as she stood up.

Confused as ever, poor Lucas sat up, "Whatever you say, baby." The two eventually made their way to Stacy's house, Lucas looking toward Max with a knowing gaze. His hands still on the steering wheel, Max quickly stormed out of the car. She was more or less on a roll, up until she approached the girl's front door. She dropped her pride and turned around, waiting for Lucas.  Eventually, she knocked angrily on the door with him behind her. Lucas stood awkwardly, his hands shoved deep inside his pockets.

Stacy opened the door, immediately rolling her eyes at the sight. She went to shut the door, Max quickly pushing it open even wider. "Why are you saying all of this shit about me?" She asked annoyed. "I'm only telling the truth." Stacy said plainly, obviously trying to stifle a rude giggle. "What is your problem with me?" Max said, voice raising as she rolled her eyes again. "Never had a problem with you until today. You lied, Maxy." Stacy glanced over to her side a few times with a smirk filled with confidence.

Max looked behind to Lucas, a confused look on her face. He simply returned the expression with a innocent crease in his brows. Max looked around the corner, inviting herself in despite Stacy's protests. The ginger'd jaw dropped when she realized both Jessie and Lily were sitting in her living room. They giggled to themselves, their expressions shifting when Max came into view. Lucas followed behind Max, stopping beneath the door frame. His face twisted into a grimace, "Wow, that's low."

"See! You know you're lying!" Max yelled, pointing an accusatory finger in Stacy's annoyed face. "All I know is that you're a whore who likes to cause me problems for attention!" Lucas's face dropped as Max stopped her rant, waiting for anything else to come out of Stacy's mouth. Lucas winced, Stacy really shouldn't have said that. "What did you just say?" She asked, astonished that Stacy out of all people would ever say this to her. From his spot, Lucas cleared his throat, "Yeah, what?"

Stacy scoffed, "God, Lucas, mind your business." Max spoke defensively, "Don't talk to him like that." "I'll talk to him however the fuck I want to. In fact, I think-" Before the girl could finish her sentence, Max lunged at her. Stacy quickly crumpled to the floor, holding her cheek. The realization set in and Max started to step away. "Shit." Furious, Stacy got up and swung back almost instantly. Suddenly, the two girls were throwing their fists wherever they could reach.

Their yelling and screaming was loud, nearly overshadowing the sound of skin on skin. Naturally, Lucas swooped in. As expected, Stacy backed off at the sight of him. He had a rather angry stare in his own eyes. But Max continued to fight till he eventually grabbed her by the waist, pulling her away as she continued to yell and scream. She tried to break away to swing again, "You're the whore!" Despite her resistance, Lucas nearly forced Max out of the house. "Have a good night,"

He swept the girl into his arms before gently shutting the door. The ride back home consisted of his occasional concerned glances and Max's inevitable tears, pouring down her face and onto her swollen lips. She opened her mouth to say something, maybe an explanation, maybe some kind of defense, but nothing came out and the two remained in silence. Lucas let out a prolonged sigh when he finally arrived back home, parking and looking over at Max to get a better look at her.

He took her face between his hands, scanning her face for further injury. Luckily, only a busted lip, a black eye and a few scratches were brought back. Well, along with fresh tears. Lucas looked down at her with disappointment, "Thought you were gonna take the high road on this one? He asked, brushing the messy strands of her red hair away from her face. "I'm sorry..." she tried, but only empty sobs came from her chest. He held her face in his hands, trying to comfort Max as she cried.

The severity of the situation had finally set into Max's view when Lucas had taken the bandages out. She sat shamefully on his kitchen counter, Lucas cleaning her small cuts while she slumped. Trying to lighten the mood, he lifted her face, "Didn't know you had that in you," Max furrowed her eyebrows, an unreadable smile plastered on Lucas's face. "I mean, I didn't know you could swing like that." He commented smirking. Bandages littered Max's body as Lucas carried her back up to his bedroom.

He helped Max into one of his t-shirts, tucking 
her into bed beside him. "Thought you knew better than to do that," He muttered
as she curled up onto him. "Didn't think I'd have to tell you not to start swinging," Max rolled her blue eyes, trying to stop more tears from falling. "I didn't mean-" Pulling her closer to his body, Lucas shrugged, "You did the right thing, Max." He paused, "Just don't be out here doing that regularly." "Wasn't planning on it, babe." He laughed to himself, "You beat her ass real good." "I know, right,"

-