*Jealous*

*Requests : KazzyShah asked for a one-shot where Max gets jealous of a cheerleader when she gets a little too close to Lucas (for her liking) at a party after one of his games. I really loved writing this one, sorry these are taking so long I've been super busy. I'm going to be releasing a whole bunch tonight and tomorrow. Also, thank you so much for over 20k reads on this! I can't believe it!! You guys are the best!!

-

Max crossed her arms quietly sipping on her drink while she observed her boyfriend in the distance. El giggled to herself continuing to ramble on about her date with Mike the previous day. Meanwhile, Max wasn't paying any attention in the slightest to what she was saying, only watching Lucas talk to a cheerleader she hadn't seen before.

Usually, they wouldn't even try to approach him as they knew he was in a relationship. But this one did no such thing, she couldn't stop gawking over the taken boy. Trying to ignore them as much as she could, Max tried convincing herself she must've just been new or something. She had no reason to worry after all since she knew Lucas was a very loyal kid.

She nodded at El's words taking another sip from her red solo cup while she glared at the sight in front of her. The cheerleader then playfully smacked Lucas's chest laughing making Max completely lose it. "Max, are you even listening?" Her best friend asked snapping her out of her trance. "Oh yeah, that sounds good," Max tried standing a little more straight.

El went on till Max finally had enough. Huffing, she set her drink on the table behind her and started to walk away. "I'll be right back," She told El already pushing her smaller body through the crowd of people and making her way toward her boyfriend and the new cheerleader. She sighed approaching the two of them.

Unlike his girlfriend, Lucas smiled when he noticed her approaching him. With no hesitation, Lucas wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to his body. He could sense something was off about her but he wasn't sure what, so he cleared his throat awkwardly and introduced everyone, "Ashley, this is my girlfriend, Max," 

He finally spoke breaking the strange silence that had been created when Max appeared. Ashley pursed her lips waving at Max. Max did the same, wanting to rip all of Ashley's pristine blonde hair off. She held herself back though as she couldn't cause a scene this early into the party. Lucas pushed a strand of red hair away from Max's face, "You okay?" "Yep, fine." 

She quickly replied, Ashley holding back a strained laugh. "Well, we better get going," Max told Ashley trying to pull Lucas to the exit but he didn't budge. Being much stronger than her he stood his ground, "What? I thought we were supposed to stay a little longer?" Lucas expressed with a confused look on his face. 

Max's face fell trying to come up with some excuse, "Well, mom told me to come home earlier, you know... after what happened last time," She lied though Lucas was far from convinced. "I thought she was working tonight?" Max finally groaned crossing her arms, Ashley still standing in front of the couple. "I just want to go home, okay?" She admitted. 

Lucas noticed her temper growing shorter and nodded. "Okay, yeah," He turned to Ashley muttering a quick goodbye, "It was nice to meet you, see you Thursday I guess," Max already dragging him to the door, Ashley grabbed his other arm and yanked him back towards her. "Hold on," Max stood furious by the entrance scowling at the sight of Ashley and Lucas. 

The cheerleader pulled a fuzzy pink pen out from her pocket and quickly wrote something on Lucas's hand. Her number. Max's face flushed her skin turning crimson. She wondered if the people around her could see the smoke coming out of her ears. Instead of lunging toward her or throwing a punch at her perfect face Max only stood shocked.

Lucas's eyes widened, looking at Max for help but she didn't notice. Too focused on Ashley, Lucas was now the one dragging Max out the door. Sitting in the car, Max hadn't spoken a word to him since their interaction with Ashley. Breaking the silence, she finally spoke with obvious disgust laced in her words, "You don't do that with me." 

"Max, are you kidding me?" He groaned not in the mood for an argument right now. "See you Thursday," She mocked making Lucas roll his eyes at her exaggeration. "What is your problem?" "Oh come on, you and I both knew what she was doing." He put his head against the steering wheel both his hands gripping the sides in total desperation. 

"She was new. She didn't know, okay?" He stated plainly defending Ashley. "She didn't know? Even after you introduced me as your girlfriend?" "Can we just not do this right now." He brushed his face and sunk into his seat embarrassed as he watched others outside seeing them argue. "No! She fucking wrote her number on your hand Lucas!" 

Max yelled loudly making several people squint to look deeper into Lucas's car. "Can we talk about this at your house since you're clearly upset about it and-" Max crossed her arms looking out her window. "I'm not upset." Lucas shook his head not getting why women had this logic. "Well.. you seemed angry just now," 

She smacked the dashboard, Lucas jumping in his seat at her sudden outburst. "Of course I'm angry, she signed your fucking hand!" Lucas sat back in his seat accepting his own fate. "Your hand! I swear to god, I almost yanked all her teeth out!" Lucas chuckled at her explicit words not wanting to imagine any of it actually happening. 

"What are you laughing at?" Max snapped, "I don't see anything funny here Lucas." He turned on his car ignoring her words. "You're cute." He smiled grabbing her hand and kissing her knuckle while he pulled out of the long driveway. Max giggled blushing shaking her head at herself. "I'm still mad at you." "Oh, I know."

-