*Drunk call*

*Requests : sadesinksimp asked for a one-shot set during season four where Max is super drunk in her trailer whilst her mom is out and she calls Lucas. He realises what's going on and goes over to take care of her and they have a heartfelt conversation, being broken up and all. I hope you guys like this one!! Lucas is so fluffy and cute in this so... enjoy!

-

In the stillness of a moonlit night, Lucas stirred from a deep sleep as the phone by his bedside rang insistently on the table. Groggy and disoriented, he fumbled for the phone, squinting at the alarm clock beside him. 2 AM. He rubbed his eyes and answered, unsure of who'd be calling at such a time.

"Hello?" There was a pause, "Hello? Who is this?" The sound of Max's unsteady laughter on the other end of the line broke the silence, sending a jolt of concern through Lucas. In the darkness, Max's laughter sounded unusual—unsettlingly unsteady and slightly slurred.

"Lucas! Can you... can you come over?" Her voice didn't sound right, and the late hour only added to his worry. "Max? Are you okay?" Lucas asked, his mind racing as he tried to understand what was happening. Lucas's concern deepened as her voice reached him through the phone, each giggle raising more questions than answers.

Max giggled, her tone high-pitched. "I'm... I'm really good, Lucas. Just... just-" Lucas shot up from his bed, "Max, where are you? Are you drunk?" He pressed, urgency creeping into his voice. Max giggled, her words slightly muffled over the phone, "Maybe a little..."

Lucas cursed at himself, scrambling to find clean clothes on the floor of his room. "Max, where are you ?" "In my trailer," she replied, almost singing the words. It was obvious that Max was out of her mind. "Stay there, don't move okay? I'm coming over," he declared, not waiting for any further explanation.

He hastily stole his dad's keys and dashed out of his house, his heart racing with worry for Max. It was rare that Max got drunk at all. Well, at least while she was dating Lucas. However, the fact that she had gotten drunk all alone is what scared him the most.

-

Knocking on the door, he called out, "Max, I'm here," With no response to his call, a sense of urgency surged through Lucas. "It's Lucas, Max," With no answer again, he tried the door cautiously, finding it unlocked. Concerned for Max, he pushed it open, stepping inside the dimly lit trailer.

"Max?" Lucas called out, scanning the room as he ventured further inside. His worry heightened when he found Max slumped on the couch, a few empty whiskey bottles beside her. "Shit," He hurried over, kneeling beside her, a mix of worry and relief flooding him as he checked to see if she was alright.

"Max, can you hear me?" Lucas asked gently, trying to rouse her. Max stirred slightly, her eyelids fluttering open as she struggled to focus. "Lucas?" She mumbled, her voice groggy and disoriented as she reached for his face. "Yeah, it's me," Lucas said softly, guiding her to sit up as she ran her hands on the soft skin of his face.

He helped her to a more secure position on the couch, his worry evident in every movement as he made sure she was settled. "You okay? How do you feel?" Max smiled sheepishly, her hands now in his hair, "You came..." He nodded with a mix of relief and concern in his eyes. "Yeah, you called."

Lucas brushed a strand of hair from Max's face, the TV casting a neon light against her pale skin. "Max... Why did you do this? What happened?" Max blinked, trying to focus on Lucas's concerned face. "I don't know... I just feel dizzy, everything is spinning." Sighing, Lucas carefully guided Max to her room, his arm supporting her as they walked.

He helped her settle onto her bed, fluffing up the pillows behind her. "Easy does it," he murmured, his worry evident in every gesture. "I'll get you some water and something to help with the dizziness." But Max reached out for him, "No! Stay with me," Lucas hesitated for a moment, concern etched on his face as he looked at Max.

He could sense her vulnerability and nodded quietly. "Yeah, I'll stay," he said softly, sitting down beside her on the bed. He adjusted the pillows to make her more comfortable and gently tucked a blanket around her. Max motioned to the empty space beside her, "Lay down with me," Lucas nodded weakly and shifted to lie down on the bed, his head resting on the pillows.

Max sighed with relief, grateful for his presence as she snuggled into his neck. "I really missed you," she whispered, her voice weak. Lucas felt his heart sink, careful not to look her in the eyes as he gently shifted, creating a bit of distance between them. "Max... You're drunk." She sat up, her words defensive, "I-I'm not drunk Lucas, I'm serious!"

Max blinked slowly, trying to focus. "I just... wanted you here." "I'm here," Lucas affirmed gently, his concern evident as he helped lay her back down. "But you need to sleep, okay?" Max nodded, tucking her head into the crook of his neck once again. He gently stroked her hair, the room filled with a quiet calmness, the only sound being the faint hum of the night outside.

"I'm sorry for pushing you away," Max whispered, breaking the silence in the room. Max shifted slightly, "I just... I got scared." Lucas smiled to himself, "You don't have to apologize for that." He spoke softly, trying to ease the tension he sensed in her. Max sniffled, "But I do," Lucas immediately shifted to hold her a little closer, feeling the weight of her emotions in her tears.

He gently wiped away a tear from her cheek, his touch light and comforting. "Don't cry," He sighed, shaking his head, "You don't owe anyone an apology for feeling scared, especially me," He held her as she cried, her words hardly understandable through all her tears, "But... I broke up with you..." Lucas held Max closer, his heart aching with the weight of her words.

"That doesn't make me love you any less." Max trembled in his arms, overwhelmed by a mix of emotions. "I thought I was doing the right thing, for us... for you... but now... I'm just scared I made a mistake." Max coughed, "I don't want to lose you," "And you won't," Lucas assured her, his voice unwavering. "I'll always be here for you. We'll figure this out. We always do,"

Lucas held Max close as he gently rubbed her back, offering her the comfort she sought. "I know you were trying to do what you thought was best," Lucas said softly, his voice filled with understanding. "And I'll always be here for you Max, regardless of what happens." Max nodded, a sense of relief washing over her. She leaned into his embrace,

"How have you not you given up on me yet..?" "Because... I love you, Max," Lucas murmured, holding her a little tighter. "You're not alone in this." He gently tilted her chin, meeting her eyes with a warm gaze. "I believe in you. In us. And that's why I won't give up." Max searched his eyes, finding a sense of reassurance in his unwavering support.

"Thank you for staying, even when I can't." Lucas smiled softly. "Always." They continued to lay together, finding comfort in each other's embrace that night. As Max nestled closer in Lucas's arms, she felt a sense of security and comfort she hadn't experienced in a while without him. His presence and reassuring words had melted away some of the weight from her heart.

At that moment, the trust Lucas provided felt like a warm kiss for her soul. As they stayed there together, the gentle rhythm of Lucas's breathing eased her foggy mind. Max's mind, once fraught with worries and uncertainties, began to settle. The tenderness in Lucas's words echoed in her thoughts, easing the whirlwind of emotions and alcohol that filled her veins.

Feeling the weight of her exhaustion, Max relaxed in his arms, her body gradually giving in to the weariness of the day's commotion. The comfort she found in his presence allowed her to let go, her breathing becoming more even as she drifted into a peaceful, much-needed sleep.

Lucas held her gently, feeling the rise and fall of her breath against him, his heart filled with a sense of protectiveness. "I won't let you give up on us," He kissed her hand, slowly falling asleep beside her late that night.

-