*Wisdom teeth*

*Requests : sadesinksimp asked for a fluffy and funny one-shot where Max gets her wisdom teeth removed and is obviously high due to pain meds. For one reason or another, she's also being taken care of by Lucas and being supervised by Steve. Sorry for the delay, I hope you enjoy!

Also, I just wanted to let you all know that I've published a new book (August- Steve Harrington X my fem OC). My original character is Max's step sister as well as Billy's half sister so there will definitely be Lumax action. So, if you're a fan it would mean a lot if you could check it out! Thank you!

-

Max lay giggling in her living room, her cheeks swollen from the wisdom teeth removal as she tried to focus on the blurry images playing on TV. Sitting on the couch, Lucas kept his arm around her, exchanging bemused glances with Steve who stood nearby. Steve cleared his throat, measuring her next dose of medicine, "So, how are you feeling, Max?" Max turned to Steve laughing as she leant further into Lucas, "Like I'm floating in a cloud,"

Lucas tried to stifle a laugh, not used to seeing Max like this. Unlike her usual sarcastic and short behaviour, Max was oddly optimistic and almost... happy? "Yeah, those pain meds really did a number on you," Max shook her head, trying to push Lucas's face away as he laughed. "No they didn't, okay, Lucas? They did a number on you!" Lucas continued to laugh as he glanced over at Steve, who approached with a concerned expression.

"I don't think she needs any more meds..." Lucas remarked, giving Steve a meaningful look. Steve pursed his lips, agreeing with Lucas despite what the dentist had told him. "Alright, Max, we're here to make sure you don't float away into space or something," he said gently, almost rolling his eyes at himself. Max nodded solemnly, placing her hands on her knees as she leant forward, "I trust you guys with my life.

Steve nodded uneasily as he offered her the medication, Lucas more or less helping Max take them. As the night went on, you'd think that Max's mood swings would become more predictable due to her body's reaction to the drugs. Well, they did not. In fact, they got worse. Still sitting at the same spot, Max went from fits of uncontrollable laughter to sudden bouts of paranoia.

Lucas was left to deal with her, Steve in the kitchen fixing Max dinner. He typed in the time to microwave her some mashed potatoes as it was the only thing she could eat. Suddenly hearing the beeping, Max went wide-eyed and tried to sit up. Thankfully, Lucas kept her steady. "No, Steve, don't! What if the government is spying on us through the microwave?" Lucas sat Max back down, his brows furrowed in confusion.

"Max, I don't think the government cares about what we're microwaving," he reassured her. "Yeah, pretty sure they have bigger things to worry about," Steve chuckled as he made his way over, handing Max her potatoes. Max's eyes narrowed in skepticism. "Like what?" she questioned, her curiosity piqued despite her state. Steve scratched his head, feigning for an answer.

"Uh, well, you know, alien invasions, robot uprisings, that sort of thing," he replied with a grin, trying to lighten the mood. Max gasped, "Aliens?!" Steve sighed, quickly turning on his heels to leave, "Nevermind..." Lucas rolled his eyes, moving on to carefully spoon feeding mashed potatoes into Max's mouth, hoping to soothe her with some comfort food. He hoped it would also help sober her up, seeing she was loopey as could be.

However, as she ate, Max's expression shifted from confusion to dismay, and tears began to well up in her eyes. Lucas quickly stopped, placing the bowl down on the coffee table. "What's wrong, Max?" He asked, his voice laced with concern. "Does it hurt?" Lucas asked, trying to look for signs of discomfort on her face. Max swallowed hard before blurting out, "I hate mashed potatoes!" She dissolved into tears, her emotions spiraling once again.

Lucas exchanged a bewildered glance with Steve, who had returned to the room, his expression a mix of disbelief and amusement. He held his girlfriend in his arms, his face a grimace as he played with her hair. "Is she always like this?" Steve asked in a low voice, shaking his head in disbelief. Lucas sighed, trying to console Max as best as he could. "No, never," he replied, his voice tinged with exhaustion. Steve pursed his lips once again, crossing his arms as he watched Max continue to cry into Lucas's shirt. "Let's hope she's not like this tomorrow,"

-