*The perfect name*

*Request : This story was requested by AshtonDooley0, they asked for a story containing Lucas and Max as parents trying to find the perfect name for the child their expecting. Here's what I think would happen, I hope you like it!

-

Max sat on her couch in her living room with Eleanor, her childhood best friend. They both were seated watching El's daughter, Sarah Wheeler as she played with her toys by the tv. Mike, Eleanor's husband and also another one of Max's childhood best friend's sat with her husband Lucas, across from them. The old friend group would try to get together every other Friday.

Though, sadly the whole gang couldn't make it today. Their good friend Dustin was on his honeymoon with his new wife. As it was his second marriage, that only meant double the number of kids. Thank god for Steve. Plus, their friend Will, Eleanor's stepbrother couldn't make it either due to his work schedule getting in the way. 

He had become a successful painter, something that was very hard to be nowadays. Mike laughed loudly at something Lucas had told him making the two women in front of them chuckle. No matter how long it had been since they were children, nothing had really changed between them. El reached over, taking a sip of her white wine making Max frown. 

She could've really used a glass of red wine right now but instead, she grabbed her glass of water. Taking a sip, Max set her hands on top of her large stomach. You see, Max was 7 months pregnant today, something both she and Lucas we're very proud of. They were the last couple out of their whole friend group to have kids due to fertility issues but it finally happened.

They were ecstatic when they found out they were expecting and couldn't wait to welcome a baby into their home. Eleanor chuckled at her action, motioning to the cup of water, "Only two more months," Max snorted, "Two more months of hell," Lucas rolled his eyes at his wife's exaggeration. "It can't possibly be that bad?" Mike nodded, agreeing with Lucas. 

Lucas second-guessed himself, remembering all the things Max had gone through during her pregnancy. "Can it?"  She had gone through countless rounds of IVF, awful morning sickness, unexpected hormone changes, horrible mood swings, and bladder issues while also sacrificing her body. Lucas asked himself again, could it really be that bad? Yes. Yes, it could be that bad.

 "Shut up Lucas, as if you could last day pregnant." Max huffed while El agreed, crossing her arms. "It's pretty bad," On the ground, her toddler's expression quickly changed into a pout. Eleanor scooped her daughter in her arms, kissing her cheeks several times. "But it's worth it, isn't it Sarah?" The little girl nodded, her head against her mother's shoulder. 

"You know, soon you'll have a friend to play with here," Mike informed his daughter, her face lighting up. "Really?" "Yep, Aunty Max and Uncle Lucas are having a baby soon," She beamed as she began to ask Max and Lucas questions, almost as excited for the baby as they were. "Is it going to be like Charlie or Martha?" Sarah asked, talking about Will and Dustin's kids.

"What do you mean honey?" Max asked confused, pushing a piece of the girl's dark hair away from her face. "Well, is it like mommy or daddy?" She asked sassily, sounding much like Mike's younger sister Holly while growing up. "Oh, is it a boy or a girl?" El finally understood, asking her daughter if she had gotten it right. Sarah nodded, her eyes hopeful for answers from Max.

Max smiled, "Well, we don't know yet,"  "We want it to be a surprise," Lucas finished, smiling at his wife. Although the two of them were very eager to find out, it was best this way. "So if you don't know, what am I supposed to call it?" Sarah asked, pointing at Max's stomach. "Well.." Max remembered the conversation she had with Lucas the other night while he made dinner.

She sat by him, reading a book she had gotten from the library full of millions of different baby names for him. While off work, she had way too much spare time. So, searching and finding possible future baby names for their unborn child was how Max passed her long days without Lucas.

-

"Oh, I like this one, if it's a girl, Dana. Isn't it cute!" Max squealed but Lucas was not as enthusiastic as she was. He continued to stir the food inside his pot, "What, is she going to be born 80?" Max groaned at him, he was pickier than he seemed. "Lucas, try to be open-minded."  She'd been doing this for the last half-hour or so and he still hadn't approved one single name.

"I am," "You call that open-minded?" Max said sarcastically, opening the book once again. "This one is adorable, Drew if it's a boy, or I guess it could work for a girl too," Max noticed, making sentences in her head. She could definitely hear herself using that name. Lucas on the other hand.. not so much. "It's cause you like Drew Barrymore isn't it?" 

Max rolled her eyes at him, not even responding. "Nevermind." She sighed, flipping the page. "Do you like Avery? Avery Sinclair? That could be sweet," Max remarked, scanning the page. "Like Avery Johnston from high school, I don't think so," Max slammed the book shut, groaning. "I forgot about her!" Lucas raised his arms up, tasting his soup.

"I'm just saying, you really want to name our daughter after her?" "Not after her, obviously," Lucas continued to add spices, not fully paying attention to the conversation. "You are so irritating! We are never going to find a name for this kid if you keep treating each of them like this," Max started, giving up hope.

Why was finding a name so hard? "Don't worry babe, we'll find one eventually," He smiled to her softly, "Easy for you to say, you're the one who hates every single one I've picked," "Not true!" He yelled, defending himself. Max giggled, speaking softly under her breath as she leant against the counter, "So true,"

-

"We don't really know yet," Lucas finished, scratching the back of his head. Mike shook his head, "You guys are having this baby in 2 months and you still don't have a single-name option?" Lucas shrugged, "It needs to come naturally," Max cut in, high-fiving her god-daughter, "Don't worry Sair, you'll know soon enough,"

-