*The crib*

*Requests : Here's another one-shot I came up with today. Make sure to comment your requests for the next one. Hope you like this!

-

"Lucas, can you please take a break for one second?" Max yelled from the living room couch in hopes her husband would be able to hear her in their unborn baby's nursery. Lucas had been working on building the crib for hours now, however, he hadn't yet succeeded.

As much as Lucas tried to follow the directions, the nerves surely made it harder for him to focus on anything. You see the stress of becoming a dad was finally starting to get to him. He was scared. He was nervous.

Yet he was also excited. The clacking and banging that went on in the light-walled room stopped for a minute, Lucas's voice finally audible to Max. "Just a minute, honey." Max groaned as she threw her head back against the couch.

"You said that two hours ago! If you don't get over here, I swear to god, I will put that crib together myself!" "Max, wait! Don't- don't move! I'm coming!" As soon as Max told Lucas she was pregnant, doing anything herself was out of the question.

Even more now, her eighth month of pregnancy had made her movements more cautious, making Lucas hyper-aware of every little thing that could pose a risk to her or the baby. So, he'd taken on various tasks around the house, just to make sure Max didn't tire herself out.

The crib assembly had been put off until now because Lucas wanted to make sure it was done right, without causing any stress to Max. He ran to the living room just before Max could stand up all the way. "What's up, do you need anything? Hungry? Thirsty?"

He questioned whilst out of breath, now standing in front of her. He gently placed a hand on Max's shoulder and sat her back against the couch. "Don't worry. I'll get it." "No," Max whined, throwing her head against the couch once again in pure annoyance.

"Lucas, I miss you." Lucas sighed, taking a seat beside Max on the couch. "Max... We don't have much time left before the baby gets here. I need to put this crib up ASAP!" "Let's just get Steve to do it." Max pleaded. "He's usually good at following directions and shit."

Lucas scrunched his face, "You want another man working on my baby's crib?" Lucas shook his head. "Not happening." Max looked up at him and rolled her eyes. "Lucas, if you don't get help with this soon, it won't ever be put together."

Lucas scoffed at Max's words, "Wow.. okay, have a little respect please." He pressed a hand to his forehead dramatically. "I'm serious, babe." "Have some faith in me, will you?" "The last time I had faith in you, it resulted in this." Max pointed at her stomach. "So, I'd rather not."

Lucas cringed, "Okay, okay, that was off-topic! Watch and see, the crib will be done by tonight." Max pursed her lips, "Mhm." He bent down to give her a quick peck on her lips before running off to the nursery again. Exhaling sharply, Max quietly got up from the couch.

When she got to the nursery, she stood in the doorway, admiring Lucas while deep in his thoughts. He was sitting on the floor, his back turned to her as he screwed on a piece of wood to the crib. "Lucas," Max spoke quietly, leaning her head against the door frame.

He looked back quickly. "Max, what did I tell you?" He questioned, standing up swiftly to grab her. "I got this. Go sit down." He swiftly put his arm around her waist to walk her back down the hallway. "I need to walk around. Stop nagging at me."

Max squirmed, her body no longer in his grasp. "I'm not nagging, Max." He scoffed. "I'm just trying to care of you two." "I wanna be able to move around, Lucas. I'm sick and tired of just sitting on the couch all day!"

Max crossed her arms, "If you won't spend time with me, I'd like to at least be able to walk around." "Okay, okay, I'm sorry. I'll spend time with you. I guess the crib can wait." Max smiled, feeling a surge of relief. "Thank you, finally."

As they wandered from room to room, Max pointed out some baby items they had already prepared, trying to alleviate Lucas's concerns about the crib. Finally, they settled back on the couch, their hands entwined.

Lucas watched Max glow with affection, feeling a rush of love for her. "You're right, I've missed this," he admitted, squeezing her hand gently. "Me too," Max replied softly, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"But please, let me get that crib done soon, okay?" Max nodded, a small smile playing on her lips. "Definitely." Max shifted in her seat, "But, you know, Steve can always do it." Lucas rolled his eyes, "He's not doing it." Max made a face, "Maybe?"

-