*Mr. Overachiever*

*Requests : CATS_AreCoolxx asked for a one-shot where Lucas is really upset about some bad grades and Max decides to cheer him up. This one is pretty short but I think it's great! Enjoy!

-

Lucas sat at the desk in their apartment, textbooks and papers scattered across its surface. He stared at his grades on the computer screen, a mix of frustration and disappointment clouding his usually confident expression. It was a rare moment for him to struggle academically, and ever since he started university, it weighed heavily on his shoulders.

Max arrived home from work, a tired but content expression on her face as she stepped into the room, only to find Lucas sitting at his desk his usually bright demeanor clouded with distress. The sight tugged at her heart, compelling her to offer comfort. She walked over, wrapping her arms around him from behind, resting her chin on his shoulder.

"Everything okay?" she asked softly, noticing the distress in his eyes. Lucas sighed, his shoulders slumping. "I just... I didn't do as well as I'd hoped on these assignments. It's not like me." Max tightened her embrace, trying to offer him some support. "Hey, it's okay. Everyone has off days, even you, Mr. Overachiever," she teased lightly, trying to lift his spirits but Lucas didn't laugh.

Max gently rubbed his shoulders, offering a reassuring squeeze. "I know, but I always aim for so much better than this," Lucas murmured, feeling a bit defeated. Max gently turned him in his chair to face her, cupping his face in her hands. "You're still amazing, Lucas, even when things don't always go perfectly. You work so hard, and one setback doesn't change you," she said, looking into his eyes.

Lucas managed a small smile, touched by her words. "You think so?" Max chuckled, "Who doesn't?!" "Thanks, Max. I just... I guess I've just been putting a lot of pressure on myself. Maybe too much..." She leaned in, pressing a soft kiss to his shoulder. "I get it. But you're allowed to cut yourself some slack sometimes, you know? How about we take a break from this and do something fun?"

He nodded, grateful for her understanding. "Okay, what did you have in mind?" Max grinned mischievously. "I know just the thing. Stay here." Eventually, Max came back and grabbed his hand, pulling him up from the chair and leading him out of the room. Lucas followed curiously, feeling a bit lighter already from Max's presence.

She led him to the living room, where she'd set up a cozy fort with blankets and pillows. "Ta-da!" Max announced proudly, gesturing to their makeshift blanket fort. "Fort time! Just like old times when we were kids." Lucas couldn't help but laugh at her enthusiasm. "You're amazing, Max. Thank you for this."

They crawled inside the fort, snuggling up against each other, enjoying the simple joy of being together. Max brought out some snacks and a board game, and they spent the evening wrapped up in laughter and warmth, the earlier worries fading into the background.

As they laughed and played, Lucas felt a weight lifting off his shoulders, grateful for Max's ability to turn his mood around and remind him that sometimes, the best remedy for stress was simply being with the one you love.

-