*Long distance*

*Request : Valoca requested a one-shot where Max and Lucas go to different universities and reunite after a while of being apart. While visiting, Max meets his new friends. Mostly fluff.

-

Max scrambled as she pushed through crowds of people, trying to make her way out of the gate as fast as possible. She didn't want to keep Lucas waiting in the airport for too long. You see, she was coming home from California since she'd moved back to live with her father for school. She had been enrolled in the pre-medicine course while Lucas, her high-school sweetheart had moved 2866 miles away from her.

It was a pretty big change for the couple as they were still adjusting. While she lived across the country, Lucas had gotten a basketball scholarship at Columbia University in New York State. After only a few months there, Lucas had really found himself and felt like he belonged there. The environment was perfect and everyone was so nice and encouraging. Though, on the other hand, Max's school was the opposite.

Unlike her, Lucas had made excesses of friends, all of them similar to him. While back in Hawkins, he only had a few friends, Lucas did love the attention and the popularity here. Sure, he loved the party to death but they hadn't stayed in close contact through the years, drifting away. It had really upset the couple, especially Lucas, as they had been his best friends since middle school.

Though, he understood and tried not to force it, slowly letting them go too. Max was glad Lucas had made new friends. In fact, she'd never seen him so happy. For example, at the start of the year, he would call her late at night not being able to breathe. The adjustment had been really hard for him as he wasn't very good at handling change. But now, he was happier than ever.

Instead, he would call her dying of laughter, talking about how amazing his day was. Though she was slightly jealous of his college experience, she didn't necessarily feel bad for herself. It was only her first year after all. She was happy as long as he was happy. Plus, she'd rather spend time with her dad back at the house anyways. She was just glad to finally be able to see Lucas, she'd really needed him.

That was what spring break was all about. The flight had been long, approximately 5 hours and 7 minutes to be exact. Max was exhausted, but she couldn't let all that get to her now. She was this close to seeing Lucas. Putting a little pep in her step, the girl walked through the exit doors to find Lucas's car. Dragging her many things behind her, she was met with Lucas smiling happily with a bouquet of flowers.

In college, he'd heard that girls loved that. Max dropped her things, running into his arms. He lifted her off her feet, hugging her tightly as he swung back and forth. "Jesus, I missed you so much," He mumbled, taking in her sweet scent. "I missed you more," She replied, squeezing him tightly. She really had missed him. All those months apart had really made her realize how lonely she was without him by her side.

"You got me flowers?" Max blushed, pushing hair away from her face. "Well, yeah, don't girls love flowers?" Max shrugged, taking the bouquet from him. She smelt the white and pink carnations, admiring their beauty. His smile faded at her reaction. "I'm joking, they're beautiful Lucas," He smiled again, helping her with her things. When he started to drive, he spoke again, "You can thank Cameron, it was his idea,"

Max raised a brow confused, "Who's Cameron?" Lucas patted Max's thigh, his eyes still on the road. "Oh don't you worry, you'll meet him later." 'Oh god', Max thought to herself. This was going to be fun. After driving a few miles, Max and Lucas arrived at his dorm. Carrying her bouquet of flowers, Max was shocked to find a group of boys sitting inside. She stepped back stunned, not expecting the company.

She yelled down the hall for Lucas, leaving the door open as she ran back to join him. "Lucas, I'm telling you right now, something isn't right!" Out of breath, she panicked. "What, is everything okay?" He asked confused. "There are random people inside your apartment?!" Max huffed, still shocked. Lucas unfazed, only dragged her back towards the room. "Max, those aren't random people, those are my friends." He smiled proudly, shutting the door.

His so-called friends waved back at her shyly, each of them pursing their lips at her reaction. "Oh." Max looked away uncomfortably as she sighed, "Sorry," If people were to break into his dorm, would they really be watching TV on his couch? No, they would not. "It's okay, guys, this is Max." Lucas paused, throwing an arm around her shoulder. "My girlfriend." He smiled, kissing her cheek. Max waved to them embarrassed. Well, that was one way to make them never forget her.

-