*Period pains*

*Request : CATS_AreCoolxx requested a short one-shot where Max is really sad and in pain because of her period with fluff where she and Lucas cuddle in bed and talk about their future together. I hope you like this one! I have an extra long one-shot coming next.

-

Max groaned, dropping her pencil as she laid her head down against her wooden desk. Before starting University, many people had told her it was fun and enjoyable but they were all far from right. She shouldn't have taken Nancy or Dustin's advice anyways as she knew they both enjoyed school as it was. Max was the polar opposite. 

She thought high school was bad but Max hated University even more. School was more than exhausting for the red-headed girl and to make her day even worse, she had gotten her period and bled through her pants at the beginning of the lesson. She watched the clock in the corner of the room tick silently as her professor wrote several numbers down on the board. 

Max wasn't necessarily paying attention to him anymore, at this moment she just wanted to go home. You see, she and Lucas had bought a small apartment downtown together. Both their schools were in rather close proximity and long distance was not an option in their lives. They were old enough to live independently anyways.

Lucas was supposedly in school today too, meaning he must've been suffering almost as much as Max currently was. Well, that is minus the period pains. She squeezed her eyes shut, wanting nothing more but to just sleep. Her cramps getting increasingly worse, Max couldn't bare being in this hot classroom for any longer.

She fiddled with the jacket tied around her waist, she'd previously put it there to cover the stain from her little accident. Sitting in the back of her class, she hit her head against her desk several times not worried her teacher would notice. When other students glared at her distracted, Max didn't fail to shoot them all the same look back. 

She wasn't exactly sure if it was because of her hormones or because she was just a bitch to them in general. Either way, she couldn't possibly be the only one in this class who didn't like sitting here for countless amounts of time. I mean, algebre really is useless information. But, judging by their reactions maybe she was the only one.

When the sound of the shrill bell finally filled Max's ears she jumped up. Groggily grabbing her bag she adjusted the jacket around her waist. As she was leaving her professor stopped her, pushing his glasses up from the tip of his nose. "Don't forget Maxine, exam this Friday," Max pursed her lips, "Thank you, Mr. Anderson, have a good night," "You as well Maxine," 

-

Dragging her feet along the sidewalk, Max could see the sun start to set in the distance. Public transit sure took a lot of time. Du to her car breaking down a week ago, Max decided to take the city bus to her and Lucas's apartment complex instead. Swinging open the unlocked door Max knew Lucas must've already been home and she wanted nothing more but to see him. 

Her head hung low as she shut the door behind herself. His head perking up at the sound of her arrival, Lucas observed Max while she dropped all her things in the hardwood floor. "Maxy!" He smiled happily, engulfing her in a tight hug and though Max wasn't feeling well she couldn't help but smile at his sweet reaction.

"I missed you," Max sent him a sad smile resting her head against his collar bone. "I missed you more," Lucas grinned, kissing her temple when he noticed her tired state. She pulled away, walking towards their kitchen cabinet as she yawned. "Tired?" He asked, leaning against the wall as she grabbed some meds for her cramps. 

"Very," She yawned again, downing a glass of water and some pills. He didn't need to ask why she was taking them as he already knew from her mood that she was on her period. Plus, his mother told him never to ask a women that when he was younger, so he found it kinda rude to ask. Max dragged Lucas into their bedroom, the two plopping against their comfortable bed.

 Drowning in the warm covers, Max really did appreciate their little apartment. Though it was necessarily perfect as it often had leaks and many problems but it was their home, it didn't need to be perfect. His head nuzzled in Max's neck, Lucas murmured softly, "Bad day?" Max held him close, "It was okay, long, but okay," 

"Well soon, school will be over for the both of us and," He paused, grinning against her skin, "We can finally move out of this shit hole and find a nice place to settle, for real. Like you've always wanted to," Max smiled, half asleep imagining the picture in her mind. She saw herself growing old and starting a family with him.

Max grinned, she knew that as long as she had him by her side on this long and winding road, her days would be end by being good. "As long as I have you with me, I've got all I need," Max beamed, the two falling asleep together in the clean linen sheets. Lucky for Max, her bad day had thankfully ended on a good note.

-