*Accident*

*Requests : I came up with this one after scrolling on tumblr for a bit to long. Enjoy!

-

Lucas lay in his hospital bed, heavily injured after a car accident. His worried wife, Max, sat by him on the bed he was resting on, her hand gently stroking his hair and face. "My wife..." Lucas began, letting out a groan as he attempted to push Max's hand away from his head, but he didn't have much energy to do so.

"My wife, she won't be happy if she sees you touching me like that, especially my hair.." He frowned, obviously still under the drug the doctor had given him. "Lucas, it's okay," Max shook her head, laughing to herself about his words. "No seriously, don't touch me. You're not my wife."

"But Lucas," Max whined, sighing as she smiled at him, still caressing his dark hair in that same gentle and loving manner, almost laughing at Lucas. "I am your wife, Lucas. It's me, Max," She whispered, chuckling and smiling at Lucas and his reaction—but he didn't reply just yet.

Just staring at Max, his cheeks slightly dusted red, his heart rate noticeably increasing in the background. "Oh," He gasped, looking at Max with his eyes slightly wide, cheeks flushed as he wore a soft smile on his face, also chuckling as he finally held on to Max's hand, a contented sigh leaving his lips.

"Right.. my wife. You are my wife. Max" As the realization settled in, Lucas blinked a few times, trying to focus his gaze on Max's face, which seemed to radiate both relief and amusement. His mind, still foggy from the medications, struggled to piece everything together.

He looked around the room, observing the sterile hospital walls adorned with monitors beeping rhythmically, the faint scent of antiseptic lingering in the air. "What happened to me?" Lucas muttered softly, his voice laden with uncertainty as he searched Max's eyes for affirmation.

Max nodded, a sad smile gracing her lips. "You had an accident... but you're going to be okay." Max gently clasped Lucas's hand, her touch offering comfort.  Lucas furrowed his brow, the events leading up to the accident still a blurry haze. "I can't remember..."

His voice trailed off, frustration evident in his eyes. "You were in a car accident. But don't worry, the doctors have been taking good care of you. You're stable now." Lucas frowned at his wife's words, "Why can't I remember?" "You hit your head pretty hard, but the doctors said it might take some time for your memory to come back fully,"

Max explained, her tone soft and reassuring. "It's okay, Lucas. Just focus on getting better. We'll figure it out." Interrupting them, a nurse entered the room, checking Lucas's vitals and adjusting some of the medical equipment. "Ah, Mr. Sinclair, you're awake!" She exchanged a few words with Max, updating her on Lucas's condition and the treatment plan.

"Your progress has been promising," the nurse remarked, offering Lucas an encouraging smile.  Lucas managed a faint smile, grateful for the words of encouragement. "Thank you." As the nurse left, Max resumed her seat by Lucas's side, her eyes fixed on him with unwavering devotion. "Do you remember anything from the accident... anything at all? Maybe something  could help trigger your memory?"

Lucas closed his eyes, trying to dig through the fog in his mind. Fragments of images flashed before him—an unfamiliar road, the sound of screeching tires, and a split-second of panic. But beyond that, it was all a blur. "I can't... I'm sorry, it's like trying to grasp at shadows," he admitted with a sigh, frustration gnawing at him. "But I remember you. Your touch... your voice.

Max squeezed his hand gently, "The most important thing is that you're here. The memories will come back when they're ready." Lucas exhaled slowly, a mixture of relief and lingering worry tugging at his thoughts. "I just wish I could remember. It's like there's this void, this-" Max interrupted gently, placing a finger against his lips.

"Don't stress. You getting better is what matters right now. The rest will fall into place later." The evening sun cast a warm glow through the window, painting the room in hues of amber and gold. Lucas leaned back against the pillows, exhaustion tugging at him despite the rest he had gotten. 

As the day melted into dusk, the hospital room grew quieter, the bustle of medical staff gradually tapering off. Lucas felt a sense of peace settles within him, a temporary respite from the whirlwind of unanswered questions. "Max," he murmured, breaking the comfortable silence that enveloped them.

"Yes, babe?" she responded, turning her attention fully to him. "Thank you for being here," Lucas smiled, his voice filled with sincerity. "Having you here... it almost makes everything okay." A faint smile played on Max's lips, her eyes glistening with emotion. "We'll get through this together, just like we always have."

Their conversation ebbed into a tranquil quietude, punctuated only by the soft hum of medical equipment. In that shared silence, Lucas found a sense of calm, knowing that despite the uncertainties, he had someone by his side who would never flee.  As the night descended, Lucas closed his eyes, feeling a sense of gratitude for the love that surrounded him.

With Max's reassuring presence, he drifted into a peaceful slumber, hopeful that the dawn would bring with it not just a new day, but also the gradual return of the memories that confused him.

-