*Visitors*

*Requests : BrishtiMukherje asked for a one-shot where the party comes to visit Max, Lucas, and the new baby in the hospital for the first time. I thought this was the cutest thing and I hope you like it as much as I do!!

-

El excitedly skipped through the white-tiled halls of the hospital, Mike, Dustin, and Will strolling not too far behind her. "El, they aren't going anywhere," Mike sighed shaking his head at her. He hadn't seen his wife this excited since... well since Dustin and his wife had their son in July. It was now October and her excitement had stayed on the same level.

Mike also didn't exactly like hospitals as the smell of lingering bleach often made him sick. El rolled her eyes at his comment continuing to skip towards the elevators. She wasn't going to let his bad attitude ruin her good one. She understood that she and Mike had a few kids of their own back at the house but there was something so special about meeting her best friend's newborn.

"I know, I'm just so excited," She explained tapping quickly on the elevator button. Will snorted nudging Dustin's side, "We didn't even notice," After being raised the majority of his life with El, Will really grew into picking fun at his younger step-sister.  Dustin stifled a laugh at his Will's sarcasticness and followed the group into the opened elevator.

When the elevator doors opened once again, the sound of crying babies and screaming women instantly filled their ears. Hearing this familiar sound Mike pursed his lips and gulped, "Well, that's the maternity ward for you," Dustin agreed, the same expression Mike had on his face as well. El stepped out of the elevator unfazed by the sound. 

The boys however were glad they weren't women. They trailed behind El unsure where to go till she finally stopped in front of room 32. With a gentle knock on the door, the group of friends was greeted by Lucas, Max, and their new baby girl in the room. Lucas sat by his wife on a chair, Max laying tired against her hospital bed with her baby held tightly in her loving arms.

El was nearly jumping up and down while she shrieked at the sight.  "You want to hold her?" Max asked assuming by her reaction that she must've wanted to hold the baby. El nodded quickly and snatched the sleeping baby from her friend's arms. Showing her goddaughter to the rest of the party, she gawked over the baby's small features. 

With this, Lucas stood up from his chair and went to join the rest of them. The boys all congratulated him on his bundle of joy while handing him different cards and gift bags. They continued to look over the baby in El's arms, spotting resemblances between her, Lucas, and Max. In these moments Lucas felt quite proud, more than proud even. 

Fixing the baby's hate El grinned, "She's adorable Lucas," Lucas peered back at Max resting in her hospital bed, "She took after her mom," He could tell she was glad the party had decided to visit today as she desperately needed some shut-eye. "She looks just like her," Will remarked pointing out her red hair, blue eyes, and nose. 

Though, Dustin disagreed saying he thought she looked more like Lucas with her dark skin and smaller ears. Lucas found they're arguing funny, the two of them finding different features that made the baby look more like Max or him. "Alright, we get it guys, it's their kid, obviously it's gonna look like them," Mike shook his head at them still uneasy from being in a hospital.

El changed the subject leaning against Mike with the baby still in her arms. "Mike, wouldn't you just love-" Will sighed nudging both Dustin and Lucas this time, "Here we go again." Whenever El would cross paths with a baby, she always found herself having a case of baby fever afterward and begging Mike for just one more baby.

"Honey, we have two perfectly healthy kids back at home. Why would you even need another one?" As much as Mike loved his kids he couldn't deny the fact that they often drove him crazy. He wasn't even sure if he could even handle another. Passing the baby back to Lucas El let out a loud sigh, "I know, I just miss when they were like this," 

"Well, speaking about kids, we gotta go back home and get ours so Nancy doesn't kill herself." Mike laughed constantly peering over at his watch though he wasn't joking. Seeing through his hidden seriousness, El quickly said goodbye to Max, Lucas and the new baby. Once they would be back at home, she promised to come help out with the baby as much as she could.

Max was extremely grateful for this giving her a big thank you as she left. Since the party had all come in one car together, both Will and Dustin did the same and said their goodbyes too. Walking out the door, Lucas quickly stopped Dustin with important news. Telling his friends he'd meet them in the parking lot he shut the door behind himself.

Back in the room, Max passed her daughter over to Dustin, "We want you to be her godfather." Surprised, a large grin formed on Dustin's face. "What? Me?" Lucas continued, "Well yeah, you've always been my best friend and I guess Max's too," Beaming, Dustin placed a hand on his heart. "I'm honoured," Dustin cleared his throat, not wanting to start to cry.

He had always been an emotional person and it was moments like these that really showed that side of him. He thought they would've maybe picked Mike, Will, or even Steve to be their daughter's godfather but he had been picked instead. Sniffing, Dustin changed the subject with a chuckle, "It would be fun if you also named her after me," 

Max grimaced snatching the baby back from his arms. "No, it would not." Dustin shrugged, waving goodbye to the new family. "At least I tried," When he left the room Lucas broke out laughing, Max joining him. They couldn't let Dustin see how funny he truly was. "As if being her godfather wasn't enough?" "What would we even name her?! Dustina?!" Max cackled.

-