*Welcome home*

*Request: BrishtiMukherje asked for a longer one-shot in a future au where Max comes home after having her and Lucas's (her husband's) first child. He would be very protective when the party arrives at their home to meet the new addition to the Sinclair family. Also, Xepelia9_20 and AshtonDooley0 requested another future au one-shot so I decided to just dedicate this one to all of you, I hope you all like it! Sorry this took so long, but here it is.

-

Lucas carefully stopped the car at the red light driving as slowly as he possibly could. Max rolled her eyes, "Lucas,  you're allowed to step on the gas, you know," She informed him with a snarky and annoyed tone in her voice. The light switched to green making him nod at her words as he finally put a foot on the gas. Lucas pursed his lips, "Thanks, Max, I really didn't know,"  

His sarcastic reply wasn't necessarily a proper way to speak to his wife since if most would have witnessed the interaction they would've instantly thought something was wrong. But to the couple's dismay, this was only normal. Lucas could tell that his wife was additionally pissy today as she only wanted to get home. 

He just couldn't help himself but return the same energy she had given him. However, he didn't have a reason for these outbursts and Max did. He couldn't blame her for being like this as it was only hormones from a few days earlier. Max had delivered their precious baby and pushed an entire human being out of her body. Lucas could now only wince at the thought. 

Imagining how much pain Max had gone through then, he realized he should not be the one complaining about her attitude. The new family of three was currently on their way back from the hospital. After being stuck there for more days than planned, Lucas could understand why Max wanted to get home so badly.

There had been lots of complications with Max back at the hospital. She had lost a lot of blood during the process and needed a blood transfusion. If anything,  Lucas had been more scared than Max. She was practically on cloud-9 with all the drugs and he was left all alone in an empty hospital room with his new baby. 

For hours he simply worried and panicked while Max had the time of her life on the operating room table. The doctors had prescribed her a lot, Lucas even thought it was too much. This made Max forget most things as she wasn't necessarily sober during her labour. She didn't exactly recollect the moment her child was born either, the whole thing was just very blurry. 

Lucas knew that in the long wrong Max would only end up feeling bad about it but that didn't matter anymore as she was back and ready to go home. She lazily flipped him off, not having enough energy to argue back. Seeing her action through the rearview mirror, he looked back at his tired wife in the backseat while he corrected himself. "I know Max, I just want to be careful."  

Max's red hair was thrown into a messy ponytail, highlighting her tired face and dark bags under her eyes. She leaned back against the seat looking into the baby carrier beside her. When she saw their baby sleeping peacefully inside, she caressed her daughter's small cheeks and sighed, "She's fine honey,"  Lucas trailed off, focusing on the road, "I know, but just in case..."

"I'm just trying to be cautious," Max rolled her eyes at him as she mocked him. "Cautious." She scoffed, "This is what you call cautious?" Max believed that if he kept driving at this speed they would arrive back home at midnight... It was noon. That was how slow Lucas was driving. Sighing again Max groaned, "Alright, just speed it up slow poke,"

-

Lucas finally turned off his car as he parked in the driveway of their home. Shoving his keys deep inside his pocket he eyed Max as his watch only showed it was 1:00. She shrugged surprised as she thought it would've taken longer. She might've exaggerated a little bit. "Finally," Max clapped relieved she could now go lay somewhere.