*Tired*

*Request : BrishtiMukherje asked for a one-shot of Lumax married in a future au. I hope this is similar to what you were asking for and I hope you like it!

-

Again, Max and Lucas were suddenly woken up by the sound of their crying daughter. Max quickly covered her ears with her fluffy pillow, "Not again," The new parents had really suffered during these past six months. Simply because their daughter would not sleep for the life of her. As the weeping from the room beside them grew louder and louder, Lucas turned around to face his wife.

Stretching, he ripped the pillow off from above her head. His voice raspy and tired, he groaned, "It's your turn," Blocking out the loud cries, Max turned away from him. Her head buried under the covers yet again, she mumbled, "Fuck you," Getting up to tend to the baby, Lucas rolled his eyes, "Okay then," Sure, Max was tired but so was he, they were experiencing the same issues.  After the baby, It hadn't been that different.

Marriage hadn't always been easy between the two but little Samantha seemed to make things better. Though, that didn't mean the couple stopped having their moments. Trekking through the dark hallway, Lucas flipped on the light of the green-walled bedroom he and Max had painted together while she was pregnant. The nursery itself was very cozy as it just made Lucas want to fall asleep.

He wished one day it would have the same effect on Sam, but right now that was not the case. He squeezed his eyes shut, adjusting to the bright light on the ceiling. Lucas leant over his daughter's wooden crib and picked her up from inside. "Go back to sleep Sammy," He tried, rubbing circles along her small back as he rocked her back and forth. The crying only persisted, causing him to groan impatiently.

As much as he loved her, he was truly exhausted. "Please sleep!" He pleaded, throwing his head back. Samantha's cries got noisier as he begged for her to stop. "Why do you hate me so much?" Lucas asked, slapping himself in order to stay awake. "Please, just stop crying," He begged, trying everything in his control to get his daughter to sleep.

He tried shushing her, bouncing her, you name it. Sam would not sleep. Time fleeted but Samantha's crying did not stop, in fact, it only got worse. Lucas cursed at himself, yelling into his own bedroom for help from his wife. Maybe she would be able to make it stop? His voice sounding desperate for help, Max sighed and made her way over. Leave it to her, again.

Throwing her housecoat and slippers on, Max walked into the room. Seeing his messy-haired wife enter the room, Lucas helplessly rocked the baby in his arms and gave her a look, "Please help me," Max thought the sight was quite adorable other than for the awful crying. She quickly nodded, yawning as she reached for Sam. "Momma's here, c'mere baby," Holding the baby close to her chest, Max stroked small pieces of the baby's red hair, similar to her own.

Sam's crying slowly ceased as she calmed down. "Pass me that," Max whisper-yelled, pointing to a pacifier on Samantha's dresser. He quickly grabbed it, passing it to her as he watched his wife give it to Sam. The baby stretched, sucking on her pacifier. Lucas's jaw dropped, shocked Max had been able to put her to sleep so easily. "See, she just wanted her mommy," Max smiled, looking down at their sweet daughter asleep in her arms. "Show me your ways," Lucas chuckled.

"Time for bed Sammy," Max cooed, talking to Samantha as she placed her back down in the crib. She stirred slightly, not being in her mother's warm embrace anymore. Max and Lucas eye's both twitched, praying she wouldn't burst into tears again. When she didn't move and stayed asleep, the parents both sighed in relief. Turning off the light, the two did their best to quietly walk out of the room.

"High five to that one," Lucas spoke still in shock, practically leaping for their bed. Max gave him a quick high five, plunging into the cotton sheets. The covers engulfed the couple's tired bodies, both of them already snoring. As they drifted to sleep, the crying erupted again. "You've got to be kidding me!" Max yelled, the bags under her eyes growing as the crying proceeded to get louder. "Is it always going to be like this?" Lucas sighed, rubbing his eyes.

"I hope not," Max rolled over, reaching over for her phone on the side table. Hopeless, this was the final straw. "Fuck it," She mumbled dialling a number. "What are you doing?" Lucas asked, furrowing his eyebrows confused. Max shrugged, waiting for someone to answer on the other line. "I'm calling Steve," Lucas nodded, his head sinking back into his pillow. "Thank God for Steve."

-