*Curse words*

*Requests : The amazing BrishtiMukherje asked for a one-shot where Max and Lucas's daughter says her first word in front of the whole party which includes Steve, Robin, Nancy and also Jonathan. They would be celebrating a special gathering and they all adore the Sinclair girl. However, Steve has the biggest soft spot for her. Max and Lucas didn't know how to handle this one as their little girl is growing up. Also, AshtonDooley0 asked for a one-shot with Murray in it as he is really funny, especially in season four. I did my best with including him in this. Hope you like this one!

*Elizabeth : CalistaZoomer won with the name choice because they feel like max would insist on giving their daughter a name she'd like but Lucas would be more focused on nicknames so I picked this one. Though the name was not necessarily listed by them I think you will love the nicknames I picked. I guess I also used AshtonDooley0 because I used the name Sarah as El and Mike's daughter's name.

-

Every year, since 1995, the party and a few other acceptions host their annual Christmas party. This year, Max, Lucas and their almost one-year-old daughter, Elizabeth have the special position of hosting it at their home. "Wow, you really suck at decorating," Max sighed, fixing another banner Lucas had put up while he put dishes away in the kitchen. 

This wasn't the first she fixed one, she was on the third banner he put up and there was more. "And you really suck at doing the dishes but you don't see me nagging at you," Max shrugged peeking her head out through the hallway to check on their daughter playing in the living room. "Fair enough," She murmured not wanting him to hear.  

So what if he was right, he didn't need to know. "That's what I thought," Lucas pat himself on the back feeling more than accomplished. "Whatever he wants to believe," Max spoke to herself, putting the step stool away. She made her way toward the living room, practically gawking over the new dress she had gotten her daughter for the party.

"Lucas, you need to come to see Elsie's new dress before people start to get here!"  He groaned putting away the last few dishes before hurrying over. Lucas knew better than anyone not to take too long as Max was extremely impatient. Especially with him. Lucas turned the corner finding his daughter on the floor with a long sleeve plaid dress matching the one he wore. 

"Max?" He chuckled shaking his head at his wife, incredible. She had once promised she'd never do something like this. "What, you guys look adorable!" Lucas shrugged pointing to his daughter playing with blocks, "Well, I don't know about me, but Lizzy sure does," The baby smiled up at him from her spot on the floor. 

Lifting her arms for her father to pick her up, Lucas lent down to grab her when the doorbell rang. He turned to Max wrinkling his face at her, "And our company's here," Rolling her eyes at him, Max rushed to fix the other banners. "Don't worry Max, me and Liz will get it." Tape in her hands, Max watched the two walk away together. "You guys go do that,"

-

It had been a while now since people had started to arrive and The Sinclair house was practically full. Max was losing her mind over people she didn't even know being in her own home. Blowing a strand of hair away from her face, Max went to check on the turkey in the kitchen. However, when she entered the room she noticed someone working on something on the stove.

Furrowing her brows Max realised she hadn't seen this person in years. "Wait- Murray? What the hell are you doing in here?" She laughed confused about why he wasn't with everyone else enjoying the party. Murray was known to party after all. "Max, good to see you, you know, just making my famous risotto recipe," Max nodded, the risotto in his pan did not look like risotto.

 She was not going to eat that. The stove rang making Murray perk up and take off his apron. "That means your turkey's ready." As if she hadn't known Max nodded. "Right," He stuck his head out from the kitchen, letting everyone know dinner was now ready. "Dinner everyone!" Max rolled her eyes beginning to put different platers of food on the table. "I guess we're eating now."

Once everyone was seated, Murray laughed from his spot at the head of the table. "Should we say grace?"Mike turned to his wife confused, "Are we even catholique?" El shook her head at him, they just didn't go to church. "Dad, what's catholique ?" Their daughter Sarah asked her father from beside him. "Yeah, what's a catholique?" Their youngest daughter Claire joined in.

Mike shook his head, trying to come up with a good excuse. "It's when you eat a lot." The girls nodded satisfied with their father's answer. He was going to regret that one. From across the table, Sarah yelled to Hopper and Nancy, "Auntie Nancy, Grandpa!" They both nodded, turning to the shorter brunette. "My dad is a catholique," She said proudly. 

Hopper looked to El confused but she only shrugged. Johnathan turned to his wife, "Since when is Mike Catholique?" Their son Collin wiped his nose, "Mommy, what's a catholique?" Nancy dug her fork into her potatoes annoyed, "Never mind what it is, eat your food, Collin," Interrupting conversations, Steve waltzed in dressed as Santa with many presents in hand. 

"I let myself in, sorry I'm late, had to stop to pick up a few things," He passed a present to each kid and saved the biggest for last. He walked over to the high chair by Lucas and Max giving a large wrapped present to Elizabeth. "Merry Christmas Betty," He smiled at her cute outfit, bending to kiss both her rosy cheeks.

"Steve, are you kidding me? You didn't need to get her anything, she's one!" Max groaned knowing she needed to find space for one more toy. "Yeah so, who cares?" Lucas shook his head, moving the present so he could see his daughter behind it. "We do," He only shrugged, walking towards his seat while everyone ate. "Jesus Christ, love that kid," He smiled waving to Liz. 

Suddenly Murray stopped chewing, not blinking for what seemed like forever. "Are you okay?" Steve asked digging into his piece of turkey. "No, I'm not okay!" Murray exclaimed causing a scene. On the other hand, Elizabeth was dying of laughter at his reaction. Lucas nodded agreeing with his daughter, it was a reasonably funny reaction on his part.

"My risotto is burnt!" He yelled furious while everyone looked at each other confused. It tasted fine to them. "Murray, I thought it was-" Joyce tried but he was already freaking out over the situation. "Fuck! My risotto-" Lizzy died laughing in her high chair, so much that she dared to speak. Loud enough for the whole table to hear, Lizzie yelled, "Fuck!" 

Lucas and Max looked at her in shock while Steve stood up cursing at himself. "Why Bessie!? I forgot my camera in the car!" Running out of the kitchen with his hands on his head, he went to his car to collect it. He needed to get this moment on film, for Max and Lucas but mostly for himself. Max frowned at her daughter's first word, she was growing up so fast.

It felt like it was just yesterday that she was born, and here she was, saying her first word and curse word. "She's her mother's daughter," Lucas spoke proudly as he threw his arm over Max's shoulder. The two of them watched their daughter in awe as Steve came running back with a whole film system in his arms. "Fuck! I missed it!" 

She found this word very amusing since she just kept saying it. With cranberry sauce smeared on her face, Elizabeth threw her arms up, "Fuck!" "Got it!" Steve smiled with a thumbs up behind the camera. Everyone shook their heads at him, who makes a baby drop f-bombs. Well, except Max and Lucas who were two wrapped up in watching their daughter grow up so fast. 

"Our baby," Max smiled at her, "I'm so proud of her." Hopper rolled his eyes at their nonsense. "You do realize your baby is speaking like a 40-year-old man with a wife and kids?" Lucas nodded, "At least she said something," He sniffed, Hopper continued to shake his head eating his green beans, "Thanks a lot, Murray."

-