*Vacation*

*Requests : mpbooks08 asked for a one-shot where Max and Lucas go on vacation and decide to leave their daughter with Dustin. All goes well except when they get back, their home is a total mess. While Lucas and Max begin to scold Dustin, Steve is quick to defend him. Hope you like it!!

-

Sitting on the couch, Dustin and Elizabeth enjoyed watching their favourite tv show, The Golden Girls, together. The little girl particularly enjoyed his Blanche expression while he enjoyed her Rose impersonation. Steve on the other hand would say that both acts were horrendous. He preferred his own over theirs any day. 

With a towel thrown over his shoulder, the older man cooked up some lunch in the kitchen for them. With a sweet smile on her small face, the child gawked turning to face Dustin as she declared, "I love Steve." Slightly offended by her statement Dustin squeaked, "What about me?" He was her godfather after all. "Just Steve." Well, he just couldn't win with Liz. 

"Okay then," He sighed lightening up when Steve let them know lunch was ready. Scattering to the kitchen table, the two couldn't wait to dig in as Steve's food was always so great. "Better enjoy it while it lasts, your parents will be home later tonight," Steve clapped setting cutlery by the two sat at the table. 

Already shoving food down his throat Dustin choked on the large portion in his mouth. "Dustin, are you kidding me, you're supposed to be a good example!" Steve groaned pulling up a chair beside him. Covering his mouth with his hand and muttering a quick apology, Lizzy giggled at his childishness. 

-

Steve chuckled to himself speaking to Ellie while he helped finish her puzzle. "I'll tell you, kid, the world's a lot different now from when I was your age." Liz furrowed her brows at Steve's words, "How?" "Well, we didn't have all these toys like you. You have all these incredible games and-" He paused looking into her toy bin on the other side of the room. "Well, things I guess."

"What did you do when you were like me?" She questioned intrigued. "I usually spent my days playing outside or-" Pushing her luscious red hair behind her little ears, the girl sat up cutting him off mid-sentence. "Tell me a story, Uncle Stevie!" Steve laughed to himself, getting up to sit on the couch. "I don't know honey, I think you've heard all of my stories..."

He cleared his throat tapping his knee for her to sit with him. "Well, all except one." Liz hurried over to join him on the couch. "You see, it all started when I was sixteen," Steve started holding back some laughter at himself. He was practically going to explain the story of his life to a child who couldn't comprehend many things yet. Maybe he needed a therapist?

However, Steve was shortly interrupted by Max and Lucas walking through their front door. Their faces dropped when they noticed the shape of their once spotless home trashed. Max's eyes widened as she muttered a band of curse words under her breath. Ellie sprang down from Steve's hold and ran into her mother's arms, Lucas still carrying many bags. 

"You're back!" She shouted happily, embracing both her mother and father. His head peering out from the hallway, Dustin checked his watch from his spot in the kitchen. "Oh hey guys, how was the trip? You're early," He noticed. Lucas pursed his lips shaking his head while he greeted his short daughter he had so dearly missed. "That was the whole point, Dustin," 

Scooping his daughter up in his arms, Lucas kissed her face numerous times till she was essentially pushing to get away from his grip. "We wanted to surprise Lizzy," Not wanting to make any eye contact Dustin nodded, "Got it." Her head in her hands, Max approached Dustin, "What the hell happened here?" She hissed with clear irritation in her voice. 

She had just undergone a very long flight and now this. Her house was barely recognizable as it was covered in trash, toys, and clothes. "You guys were supposed to keep it clean, not make it dirtier!" She groaned also eyeing Steve while she spoke. She thought at least he'd have the common sense to keep the house a little cleaner than this.

He broke the eye contact looking away disappointed in himself. Not expecting this at all, Dustin's eyes widened at Max's tone. "Well.." He went on trying to justify their actions. "Me and Steve were going to start cleaning up but you guys are very.." He paused and turned to look down at the watch that sat on his wrist. "Early." 

Max shook her head and crossed her arms as she leant against a wall, "You two better start cleaning then," Trying to talk some sense into her Steve finally walked over, "Hey, Dustin here was a great babysitter, cut him some slack why don't you?" Steve defended patting Dustin's shoulders a few times. 

Max however did not care, too sleep-deprived and distracted by the state of her home to have any sympathy for either of the men. "Let's see how I feel when this looks like my house again." She seethed walking back over to her husband and daughter. Lucas watched as Dustin and Steve shuffled to rearrange his disastrous home. "Maybe next time, we should leave her with El," .

-