*Love makes you crazy*

*Requests : AyeDaiValvbarda asked for a one-shot where when Lucas is popular in season 4 and Max dumps him, another boy eventually ends up trying to get with her. When Lucas finds out he is very jealous over his ex-girlfriend, so jealous that he blurts it out in front of everyone at school. Sorry that these are taking so long, I will start posting things regularly again soon.

-

Lucas glared at Max and one of his classmates flirting from across the hallway. At first, when Max had dumped him he assumed it was only some harmless banter. It would end soon and they'd simply get back together like all those times before. But Lucas was far from the truth and it only got worse from there.

Every day he had to deal with seeing them walking in the hallway together, just like he used to. Plus, as if that wasn't enough on its own she started to eat lunch with him and his friend group instead of the Party. Wherever Lucas went, he could always see them. He would observe trying to see if the boy made her uncomfortable or uneasy, just in case he ever needed to jump in.

But that wasn't all, he had started picking her up and driving her to and from school. Lucas was most angry about that since he couldn't observe her from afar when they drove away. At school, Lucas could still protect her but in this guy's car, god knows what he could've done to her inside. Slamming his locker shut, Lucas tried to shake the bad thoughts from his brain.

Trying to walk past them and straight to class, Lucas's plan had completely been thrown off when he noticed someone else's arm placed firmly around Max's waist. The girl's eyes widened in shock while she tried to rip the boy's arm from her waist.  "Get the fuck off!" Lucas's exclaimed way louder than he anticipated.  All heads in the hallway turned to the pair.

 A mass of students began to form around them, everyone interested in what was about to go down. Of course, that was considering Lucas's tone of voice. "What the fuck, Lucas," Max murmured, a stern look on her face warning her ex-boyfriend not to go there.  Much to her dismay,  Lucas had already started. "No, are you fucking kidding me Max, this is crazy!"

He shook his head unconsciously dropping his heavy books on the floor. Max flinched at the loud sound of them hitting the tiles of the slim school hall. She couldn't stand him embarrassing her this way. Growing more and more furious by the minute Max yanked his sleeve.  "We need to talk." She seethed pulling him towards an exit but Lucas didn't budge. 

"Are you shitting me! Hell yeah, we need to fucking talk, you're screwing this fucking guy behind my back-" Turning bright red Max finally snapped, "Now!" She dragged Lucas through the crowd doing her best to ignore all the laughs and snickering comments coming from all the kids around her. She was never going to hear the end of this.

-

Now in the high school's parking lot, Max's sat in front of Lucas's car with her arms crossed neatly over one another. She groaned sick of watching him pace back and forth in front of her. Max cleared her throat adverting her gaze, "Are you going to say anything?" "Yeah, actually I have a lot to say," Lucas breathed stopping in his steps. "What the fuck is wrong with you!" 

Max jumped at his words, taken back by his phrasing choices. She brushed it off unfazed as always. "Thank you so much, really?" "No, seriously, out of everyone you could've chosen, you chose someone at our school to mess with!" He returned to pacing, Max's eyes following his anger-shaken frame as he walked. "You do realize that I have to watch you two every day right!"

Max huffed contemplating her arguments. "Unbelievable." "No, what's unbelievable is you dumping me for space and instantly dick-riding this other kid!" Max rolled her eyes at him, "It's not like I'm dating him!" "Well, what was I supposed to think, everyone's saying it!" "You're overreacting. We aren't even together anymore Lucas! Why do you fucking care?"

Lucas kicked a stone off the pavement, his shoe scraping the ground. "Because I know what he's doing! The last time I saw you smile like that, you were looking at me!" "Jesus Christ, it was nothing!" Lucas sniffed turning away from her. "Do you love him?" "What?" Max gulped down the ball that'd formed in her throat. "Do you love him?" Lucas repeated louder.

"Lucas, it's not like that-" "Was he there for you at your brother's funeral? Did you cry to him over the phone after all your nightmares? Did he comfort you after all of them?" Lucas went on making tears start to form in Max's eyes. "Who was the one who did all those things for you? It was me. I did them, and I'm glad I did but- You dumped me, remember?" 

Max pushed down her tears trying her best not to let her guard down. "You lost me and now you're stuck with the piece of shit who only wants you for your body!" Max wiped her nose, his words finally making her break the eye contact between them. "So I'll ask you one more time Max, do you fucking love him?" Max coughed her teeth gritted together, "It's not like that!" 

Max broke down crying realizing that all the things Lucas was saying were true. Lucas scoffed at her reaction, "Now you know how I fucking feel." Tears streamed down Max's face, "What are you trying to prove?" "You're never going to love anyone the way you loved me." Max's face fell at his sentence. "No one will ever love you the way I did either." He inhaled, "The way I do."

-