*Deployed*

*Requests : vhscadie and QueenRissaLeinaAla asked for a one-shot of Lucas coming back from being deployed while in the military as they would love to see the other's reactions. Hope you both love this, sorry if it's confusing I tried something new by mixing up timelines, let me know if you guys like this.

-

Max gulped as she stood by a large dark green bus at Lucas's base. She observed the other couples and families from afar, each of them also on the verge of tears. Today, Max had to do the hardest thing and say goodbye to the love of her life. Maybe for forever, maybe for a while, the thing that hurt the most was that nobody could predict for how long. 

Lucas crept up behind his newly wedded wife. They had only gotten married a few months ago and here he was, already leaving her. "I guess this is goodbye." He sighed burying his head deep in the crook of her neck from behind. Max frowned as she quickly turned and wrapped her arms around his tall frame. 

"God, I don't want you to leave," She admitted truthfully. Lucas kissed the top of her head, able to feel her hot tears through his shirt. "I know honey, I'll be back home soon," "You don't know that," Max cried softly as she tightly gripped the thick fabric of Lucas's khaki military uniform.

The couple's goodbye was quickly cut short when the bus driver honked, informing everyone it was time to go. The sound only made Max let out a gut-wrenching sob, not wanting to let go of her love just yet. "I love you." Lucas tried as he had nothing else he could really say.  

He couldn't reassure her or comfort her since he was leaving and he didn't really know if he would come back. For Max's sake, he hoped and wished he would. The sight of her beginning to cry made his heart begin to physically burn. "I love you." He repeated not having gotten an answer the first time. "Say it again." Max sniffed wiping her eyes. 

"I love you." "Again." "Lucas cracked a large smile kissing her hard on the mouth. Hearing the sounds of the bus honking once more reminded him that he really had to go. "I love you, Max," He kissed her cheek as he slowly let go of his wife's hand. Max whimpered, fighting the urge to run after him as she watched him walk away.

Surrounded by other men and women that looked to be around his age, Lucas sat. Max did her best to smile though it looked more like she was grimacing from Lucas's angle. She waved to him sadly while the bus began to drive further and further away. Waving, Max waited till it became nothing but a small dark dot in the distance. 

The other families, husbands and wives by her all did the same. What an awful day that was. Max sat in her car for hours, not being able to leave the parking lot due to the extent of her crying. Smacking her dashboard Max took a shaky breath as she spoke to herself, "Please come back, this doesn't feel right without you."

-

Regardless, now Max was clapping her hands happily like a little kid. She watched everyone decorate and prepare for Lucas's arrival. It had been a good while since everybody had seen him so Max really wanted to make it special for him... and for her. She bossed both Steve and Johnathan around while they helped her put up a large banner in the entryway. 

Steve shook his head from his spot on his tiptoes, "Jesus Max,"  Starting to shake from standing like that for so long, he groaned, "How much higher can you want to have it?" Out of breath, Johnathan agreed, "I mean, I think it looks good here," He and Steve both made the same face. "Yeah well, not from here," Max replied stubbornly crossing her arms. 

Steve pursed his lips shaking his head as he struggled to lift the banner higher. Man was he glad for Lucas to get back. He had spent way too much time with Max lately and he picked up that she was very much in need of someone to pick on other than him. Satisfied enough Max smiled uncrossing her arms, "Good job Boys,"

Watching Max check her watch and run to the kitchen to grab her car keys, Johnathan and Steve tapped the banner to the wall. Johnathan breathed wiping the light sweat that'd formed on his forehead, "Who the hell raised that girl?"  Steve laughed and finally realized something. "Wait... I raised her.."

Walking by to grab her keys, Max patted Nancy, Dustin and El's shoulders. Taking in the scent of all the food they'd made together the redhead sighed, "You guys are truly god sent. Truly." She had no time to listen to their answers as she ran past Robin, Will and Mike putting up balloons on the porch of her home. It was time for her to go. It was finally time for her to go. 

It had felt like decades or years since she'd seen Lucas when in reality it had only been four months. That was long enough for Max. She was ready to have her Lucas back. The drive to his base was around half an hour long, really letting the anticipation and excitement of seeing him again sink into her body. She hadn't felt this way since... well since college.

At the time, she and Lucas were miles away from each other. I guess it was sort of the same circumstances. Pulling up to his base, Max smiled widely seeing a large dark green bus. The same one that had broken her heart. The scene was different now though because Max was smiling brighter than ever. 

Running out of her car, Max didn't bother to shut the door when she saw Lucas come out. Before he could even see her or put his things down Max jumped into his arms, clearly touched deprived. She smiled as she kissed his face, "God, I've missed you." Happy tears escaping her light eyes, Max rested her head against his shoulder. "Don't ever do that to me again." 

"Trust me, I won't," Lucas grinned, pressing a sloppy kiss on her lips. Placing her back on the ground Max grabbed one of his many bags. Dragging him toward her car she smiled, "There's a surprise for you back at home," "Why am I not surprised," Lucas chuckled shaking his head. Max couldn't get enough of his laugh, even if it was to make fun of her. This felt right.

-