*Sweet*

*Requests : Hey guys, sadly this isn't one of your requests I just had this saved for a while and thought we could all use a pure and sweet one-shot. Personally, I think Lucas Sinclair is the definition for this one but I think everyone would agree.

-

Surveying his girlfriend's sleeping body, Lucas delicately stroked Max's cheek taking in the looks of every single one of her freckles. And trust me, there were a lot of them. He quietly observed her chest as it rose and fell while she slept peacefully. Her red hair slightly blew in the wind due to her bedroom window being open. 

This was a rare occurrence for him as Lucas usually had air conditioning in his room while Max didn't have anything of the sort. Opened windows would simply have to do for her. Lucas didn't often stay over at her house due to Max being so embarrassed by it. I mean, it was a trailer at the end of the day, something people usually camped in. She could hardly even call it home.

However, as much as Max would make a fuss about it, Lucas didn't care one bit. If anything, he liked it better than when they stayed at his own house. It was much more private as her mom worked really long hours so she was hardly home. Plus, Max's bed was much bigger and comfier in Lucas's eyes but if he brought it up, she would beg to differ.

Rolling over, Lucas suddenly got spooked by the sound of a dog barking. Though Lucas didn't cuss, he let out a band of curse words as he wasn't used to hearing that so late at night. He shook his head running a hand through his hair nervously. Afraid he woke up Max, he looked back and was thankful to find her still dead in slumber. 

You see, Max hadn't been getting much sleep lately due to some pretty constant nightmares so Lucas would've felt pretty awful if he had accidentally woken her up. From what she had told her boyfriend, he gathered that they were quite horrible. She frequently called him late at night crying and explaining how dreadful they frankly were.

He knew that most people would hate getting woken up so late at night by their crying girlfriend but he didn't mind. Max had no one but him. She wouldn't admit it in words but deep down she knew that Lucas was all she had. Therefore he didn't care how late at night she would call, he just wanted her to know that he would always pick up no matter what time. 

That night, that had been just what Max did. She called him weeping and explained how no matter what, the nightmares just wouldn't go away. So from there on, Lucas made it his mission to help Max get a good night's sleep for once. It would benefit him at the end of the day after all. Truthfully, that was why he was over. 

He knew he was the only person who made a difference so he decided to stay the night with Max. When he would lay down with her, suddenly all her nightmares seemed to cease. Lucas wandered her bedroom picking up different items on her dresser and carefully looking at them. He was bored out of his mind but he had promised Max he'd stay up just in case she woke. 

He looked at old pictures of her as a child noticing just how mature she'd grown to be. A sudden whimpering snapped him out of his thoughts. Max stirred in her bed with inaudible words coming from her mouth. He sprung to her side already shaking her awake. "Max," He shook her gently not wanting to spook her too badly. With a scared look her eyes fluttered open.

It took her a few moments to comprehend what was going on but when she recalled Lucas had just woken her up from a nightmare things started to make sense. She looked up at him wiping her cheeks from tears she hadn't known were there. "What happened?" She wondered afraid she did something to embarrass herself. 

"You were crying in your sleep," Lucas informed her with a worried look on his face. "Oh," Max murmured quietly her cheeks turning red in embarrassment. She curled into Lucas's side burrowing her head into his shoulder. He laid back down holding her in his strong arms. Playing with her hair he cleared his throat, "Do you... Want to talk about it?" 

Max shook her head no while he nodded awkwardly. "Alrighty," He spoke to himself staring up at her ceiling. A few minutes passed and there he was clearing his throat once again, "Do you... Need anything?" She shook her head against his muscular shoulder once more. He nodded, beginning to name different things she might need. "Water, meds-" Max sighed stopping him.

 She appreciated his empathy right now but all she needed was him. "Lucas, I just need you." She murmured from her spot in his arms. Lucas smiled against her hair kissing it. "Has it been bad tonight?" He continued. Max adjusted her position and wrapped her arms around his neck, "It's always better when you're here," "Thanks for being here with me." "Always."

-