⭒ XVIII ⭒

Hi guys! Thank you for your votes and comments on last chapter! I had a great time seeing twenty one pilots for the 15th time. We got home at 4:30 AM which was pretty crazy haha but I'm alive and somewhat rested so we're back to updating!

This chapter had already been written as well, so I can still update this one before I have to start writing the next chapters again. I really want to try and write for I'll Take Care Of You Too before writing the next chapter for this story, so let's hope I can pull that off!

I hope you'll enjoy this chapter! Josh's life is gonna take the backseat for just a little bit, but will definitely be more highlighted again soon. Lots going on in Tyler's life right now so we're focusing on that for just a little while!

Anyways, let's just dive into this chapter! Please don't forget to leave a vote, 'cause it helps me immensely! And I'd love to hear what you think of it. Would mean a lot! Thank you all for reading this story. I currently have 211 votes and 1,93k reads on this story which makes me so happy! So here's chapter 18 for you. I hope you'll enjoy it and I just really can't wait to hear your opinion. Love you guys! Thanks for all the support <3

Word count: 5245

~~

Lucas and Tyler spent every minute of the two weeks they had together, but it didn't go great every day. Tyler still felt guilty for what he did, and Lucas tried his hardest to forgive him and love him and look past what happened and try to forget it, but it was nearly impossible to forget it when he knew that Tyler was leaving again very soon, and Lucas wouldn't be able to be with Tyler then.

Sometimes they were great, sometimes they weren't. Sometimes they made love, and sometimes they cried. But they loved each other, and they tried to fight through the pain together. But it was hard, really hard for both of them but especially for Lucas, and he was struggling with it. He didn't sleep well, he was tired, his mind kept drifting, his mood kept swinging up and down; he couldn't help it, and Tyler didn't blame him, but he did blame himself for causing this and not being a good boyfriend to Lucas. It hurt. He hated it. He wished he'd done it much differently. He wished he hadn't planned this tour yet. He wished Lucas could go with him. He wished Lucas would want to live on the road and quit his job for him so they could always be together.

While they loved each other, sometimes, things were tense. The atmosphere felt... off. It didn't feel right. They felt distant from each other, even if they were right next to one another. Even if they were cuddling, they felt far away from each other sometimes. And other times, they felt extremely connected, close, confident that they'd find a middle ground and they'd make it work. But regardless of how they felt, it was hard, and they were trying even harder.

There was no doubt that they loved each other. They loved each other infinitely. But that didn't mean that it was easy, because it wasn't. It was the opposite. It made it harder, because they so desperately wanted to be together, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. They wanted to be perfect together but they weren't, because they were dreaming of different things, but they held out hope. They wanted to make it work. They tried everything they could to just make it work. Because they loved each other so much. They wanted to make it work and be each other's future. But both were struggling to properly picture their future, because, as mentioned before, both men were dreaming of different things.

Tyler, being 23 but already having worked so much in his life, fighting for what he wanted to achieve, was having a hard time picturing what life would look like if he wouldn't achieve it, or what would happen after he'd achieve it. And Lucas, being 26, was starting to think of how he would love to become a dad in 3-4 years, because that's what he desperately wanted; to be a dad, to have kids, and 29-30 years old seemed perfect for that. But Tyler couldn't imagine having kids at 26 or 27 already; his career wasn't ready for that yet. He wasn't ready for that yet. Lucas was willing to wait a little longer, but he knew what he wanted, and he would be heartbroken if that dream would be taken away from him.