⭒ CLXIII ⭒

Hi friends, we're back with an update ❤️ I've been enjoying writing these last chapters so much. I hope you'll enjoy reading them too ❤️ maybe I'll do an extra update this week, I'm very tempted haha but I'll need you guys to leave a vote so I know how many people have had the opportunity to read this one before I update an extra one!

I would love to hear your thoughts on this chapter! I really wanna publish all the chapters I've written so far in one go but I can't do that haha but damn I'm so tempteeed I just want you all to be able to read what I wrote so bad 😩

Thank you for all of your support, I can't wait to see your reaction to this one. Please enjoy! All my love ❤️

Word count: 3752

~~

By the time Josh went back to Detroit, Colin and the others that were in their last year had already almost finished their exams. Fred had been studying hard and when Josh came back he took him out to dinner right away and the day after Josh and Colin caught up.

Colin and the others had been to Tyler's show in Columbus, when Josh had encouraged them to go even though he was not there because of what happened with Ashley. He didn't want them to stop and not have fun because they knew Josh wasn't there because of what happened. He wanted them to be able to enjoy it just as much as he had himself with his lover and his sister.

As he got back to college, he struggled big time to catch up with everything he had missed from being gone for over a month. He tried as hard as he could, unfortunately to no avail. When the exams came around, Josh did not pass them.

As he heard that he didn't make it, he cried; Fred made it, Joe made it; all of the people he was friends with in his year made it except for him. Elisabeth and Kit made it too; they were on to their final year. Josh was scared of being alone in class again, of having no friends to spend classes with, even though he didn't always have someone with him in classes right now.

Colin, Gracie, Mathilda and Michelle passed their final exams too. Josh was so happy for them but was also gonna miss them so much. Michelle was going back to Portsmouth, right on the border of Ohio and Kentucky. It was less than two hours from Columbus. Colin was going back to Columbus for now, moving back in with his parents to figure out his next moves. Gracie was gonna stay in Detroit for a while, living outside of campus but she was gonna continue working at the coffee house for a while - full time now, to save up money. That meant she would still be Josh's colleague. And friend, of course.

Before everyone went home for the summer, they celebrated Josh's twenty-first birthday together. It was, in a way, closure of their chapter together in college. It was bittersweet to Josh. His twenty-first birthday definitely wasn't his favorite, because he would lose most of the people that surrounded him that day.

Josh went to Muncie with Fred for three weeks. They spent the first few weeks of summer with Fred's guys together, making music, visiting fun places, seeing some small shows from local bands and Fred and the guys even played a few shows. Ashley and Jordan visited for a few days, to get out of LA for once, and they had the best time together. Ashley did feel guilty, telling herself that she was the reason Josh failed because she had made him miss out on so much school work and he wasn't able to catch up with all of it in time. But Josh had already been struggling a lot, and he'd tell her that every time.

The next three weeks, they went to Los Angeles. Fred joined them, wanting to spend as much time with Josh as he possibly could, and Josh wanted the same. They went on a small family vacation where Fred was allowed to join, which Josh was grateful for, 'cause he felt the sadness and the depression slowly but steadily creep back up into his veins and spread through his body again.