⭒ CXXXIV ⭒

As promised! New chapter ♥️

Imma have to slow down a bit tho bc I'm uploading faster than I'm writing 😭 I really need to step my writing game up again but I've been so busy the last few days 🥲 it's finally almost weekend though so I'll be reading through all the comments and replying to some this weekend! I love reading them over and over again 🥰

Thank you for all your comments! And all the votes! They make me so happy. You're all so awesome for being here every day and supporting my story! Means the world!

This is kind of a heavy one so pls beware. Some stuff might be triggering. I guess the last few chapters have also been kinda like that but just a warning for everyone to be extra safe ♥️

Can't wait to hear what you think of this one. Will be back next Monday with a new chapter! Please don't forget to leave a like, love you!!

Word count: 4073

~~

Josh was struggling as they entered Detroit, his heart beating heavily as the reality hit that he truly had to start going to college again. He was looking forward to seeing Joe and Kit again, because they had had a good time together over the summer, but he still hadn't talked to Fred at all, for months. Not since he chose Dustin. Not since Fred texted him when Tyler was looking for him. Josh didn't know where Fred had been staying before the summer, what he'd been up to during the summer, how he was feeling, if he was angry at Josh; he just had no idea, and he was scared of facing Fred again.

Josh was looking forward to being able to get to his dorm and just have a moment to himself to breathe. He knew Colin would understand, so he asked if that was okay, and of course Colin said it was.

As they parked and got their suitcases, Josh gave Colin a tight hug. He knew that Dustin wasn't on campus yet; he'd arrive in a week. Colin and Josh preferred being there a bit earlier to get settled again, and usually Dustin was there much earlier than anyone else, but this time he was quite late.

Josh hated that this was Colin's last year in college, meaning the next two years - at the very least - he would have to get through college without him. He hated thinking of that, he hated the idea of needing to navigate life without him. He tried not to think about it, not yet. It was only the start of the new school year; not even that. It was starting in a week and a half.

Josh walked the paths toward his dorm room, passing the tree that he cried under multiple times, and the other tree where they'd hung fairy lights and had their get-together when their friend group was just starting to form. So many memories were made here already - good ones, but mainly bad ones - Josh wished he could take a flight back to Los Angeles. He wished he could give up on college and just work for his parents.

He made his way to the building, walking through the quiet common room, noticing that most guys he shared the common room with hadn't arrived yet. Josh used his key to unlock the dorm room door and he moved his suitcase inside, closing the door, when-

"Hi Josh."

Josh jumped, turning around quickly as he had a heart attack when he heard the voice. His voice. Fred's voice.

As Josh's heart had stopped, he saw Fred sitting there; his hair - as always - brown, messy, voluminous; Josh adored it. He had a soft smile on his face; that ever-so-kind smile that Josh had missed so much. He didn't come across as angry, hostile, or upset. He felt... peaceful.

"Wh- what are y-you d-doing h-here", Josh stuttered. Fred let out a soft laugh. "It's still my dorm too, right..? Unless you really want me to leave? I can ask for a transfer or something if you want..." Fred trailed. "N-no", Josh whispered right away. "D-don't", he muttered.