⭒ LIX ⭒

Goooooood morning/afternoon/evening/night, my loves! It's Monday & that means there's a new chapter! Woohoo!

Now that Tyler's back in the US, there's some things he needs to work through, so that's the main theme of this chapter. But doooon't worry, there's soooo much Joshie content coming up in the next chapters!

This one's a super long one! It's over 7k words. I hope you'll enjoy it! I love you! Don't forget to leave a vote, and I'd also, as always, love to hear what you thought of this chapter!

Thank you for your continued support. I'd love to update again tomorrow, so I hope enough of you get to read it before then! ♥️

Love you, enjoy ♥️

Word count: 7344

~~

"How has life been when I was gone?" Tyler asked Lucas as he lit a cigarette, before he put his feet against the balcony railing. He took a drag from his cigarette as he looked at the night sky.

"Which answer do you want: the short answer, or the brutally honest one?" Lucas asked. "Honest one. Always", Tyler replied. Lucas nodded, shifting in his chair as he pulled his sleeves down over his hands, since the October air started getting cold. "It's been... different", he said. "Different from the other times you left for tour. It was... lonely, honestly", Lucas said. "Struggled more with it than I'd like to admit."

"You did?" Tyler asked as he turned to Lucas more, now pulling his feet up on the seat. Lucas nodded. "You want me to be honest, so I will", he said and Tyler nodded. "Please do. Please be honest with me", he said. "I will", Lucas promised, but he didn't continue right away. He let out a sigh as he ran a hand down his face. "The honest truth is that I missed you way more than I have ever missed you at any moment in our lives together. When you went on tour before, I knew you'd come back and be mine again. When we broke up and I was here and you were at your place, I knew you were nearby and we saw each other at your show, we spent time together still... Even the time where we didn't see each other much, I knew you were in Columbus, and whenever I was there for work I felt close to you. This time, though..." he trailed.

"This time it felt real, and I felt like I had... truly lost you", he said. "You were so far away, over there in Europe, and I didn't have that thing to hold on to where I knew you'd come back and be mine like I usually did. You weren't somewhere else in this country, but in a whole different continent. We didn't text the way we used to, because we are over, romantically. Of course I got you as my best friend, and we texted and called quite a lot throughout the tour and we still tell each other we love each other which is obviously true. And that's how I want us to be, and we should be. It's just..." he muttered, shaking his head softly. Tyler knew he had a hard time coming clean about his thoughts.

"There were moments where I truly thought I made a huge mistake, and where I wanted to ask you to come back to me, and where I wanted to try again and change for you, try to be perfect for you. There were moments where I cried myself to sleep because I lost you. The first few weeks after you left, I feel like I... I mourned our relationship, in a way", he said. "Then you let me know you had a crush on Steve and in that moment I was genuinely as happy as I told you I was, because I want you to be happy and find your person so badly, but it also made it easier for me to convince myself that what I did was the right thing, and it was easier to start truly letting you go. I actually thought I did that after a few weeks, and I am truly certain that I made the right call and we made the best decision and we will be best friends for the rest of our lives. That's all true. I just... didn't really tell you exactly how much I struggled with that process, with how I got to that point of truly feeling that that was the truth", Lucas said.