⭒ LXXXIX ⭒

Hi friends! We're back with a new chapter, yay!!

This is chapter 89 omfg can you believe that this story is SO LONG already and we're nowhere near done 😭 I swear this story is gonna be my life's work lmfao

Hope you're all doing well! Hope the nice weather of spring is making your days feel more energetic 🌸☀️ and if it's fall for you rn, I hope the moody rainy days and brown, red and orange leaves can give you comfort and time to relax 🍂🍄

I can't wait to hear what you think of this chapter! Very Joshie focused again, but more Tyler than last chapter! I can't wait to hear your opinion and I hope to see your votes ♥️ thank you for your support. Love you!!

Word count: 5751

~~

"I hope you truly liked spending time with me today", Lucas said as Josh sat in the passenger's seat of his car. "I really did", Josh smiled. "We should do it more often, if we get the chance", Lucas said and that just made Josh's smile widen even more. "I'd love to", he said. "You made my day a lot less boring and dull." "Pumbaa or I?" Lucas chuckled. "Both of you", Josh giggled.

"I'm glad we got to catch up", Lucas said. "And if I won't see you before Christmas, I'll see you at Tyler's NYE show", he said. "I'm so excited for that", Josh sighed softly. "He's got some great things planned. I'm excited for you to be there", Lucas smiled widely. "I really can't wait, you're making waiting a lot harder", Josh whined softly, which made Lucas laugh, and he smiled himself as well. "Go left here, then the third right", Josh told him and Lucas nodded.

"When I call Ty, and when I get home, I'm gonna bother him about reaching out to you again", Lucas said. "I love him but gosh, he can be so dang stubborn. He just needs to do it and get over that fear", he sighed. "It- it's okay if he doesn't want to", Josh said. "I know, but I know he does want to. He just doesn't admit it. He's being stubborn", Lucas told Josh.

Shortly after, they arrived at Josh's house and Lucas stopped the car in front of it. "There we are", he said. "Aw Josh, your home looks so... homey. It's a beautiful family home", Lucas said. "Thanks", Josh smiled. "It's... it holds a lot of memories. Not all good, but... most are, I think", he smiled as he looked at his home.

"I gotta go, before my parents get too curious about who dropped me off and they come outside to check", Josh said. "Right, I'd rather not have that happen", Lucas chuckled. He pulled Josh into a tight hug and he pressed a kiss on his forehead. Josh patted Pumbaa who was in the back for a few seconds, then gave Lucas one more hug.

"I'll see you soon, brother", Lucas smiled. "Can't wait", Josh smiled, and Lucas gently squeezed his arm with a smile before Josh got out of the car. Lucas waited for him to get to the front door and once he opened it, he turned around and waved at Lucas, who returned it, before he drove off.

Josh let out a soft sigh, smiling at himself. This day, or afternoon and evening rather, with Lucas had made him feel so much better. It had been refreshing, and he really felt like Lucas truly appreciated and trusted him; he reached out because he happened to be in LA, and there was no other reason for him to do so other than the fact that he just wanted to see Josh.

It wasn't like how his family was related to him so they had to play nice, or how Jonathon was his only friend in school and couldn't avoid him and probably pitied him, so he stuck around. It wasn't like anyone else he knew and was close to. Lucas had genuinely wanted to spend time with him. It made him feel happy; he felt it in his chest.

"There you are, finally", Ashley then said as she appeared in the hallway. "I covered for you but please don't do that again without talking to me about it first", she whispered. "Right, sorry. What did you tell them?" Josh asked. "That you were working on a school project with other classmates whom they don't know because you weren't able to choose your own project partners", Ashley said. "Oh that's perfect. Thanks Ash", Josh sighed softly.