⭒ CXXXVII ⭒

Hi friends ♥️ sooo I really hope you enjoyed the last few chapters, but maybe a little less than I hoped you would? That might be totally wrong but I just really hope you're still liking what I wrote ♥️ I'm really excited about the next few chapters and I just really really hope you are too. Thank you for the votes, I really hope to see your comments too ♥️

Also side note: got tickets to 2 I Prevail shows next year and I'm so excited 🥰

Here's the next chapter. Hope you'll like it! I'll see you at the next one ♥️

Word count: 3699

~~

Josh's class started before everyone else's, so Fred walked with him to make sure he got there safely. Then, he met up with Kit, Joe and Colin, after he sent them a text. They met by the tree they usually sat by when they were outside.

"Freddieee!" Colin cheered as he approached, and Fred couldn't help but smile softly. "Hey there", he said. "Oh something's wrong, what's wrong?" Kit asked; he was always the one who immediately knew that something was off. "Well, you're... right", Fred said. "It's about Josh."

"Don't tell me you guys had another falling out", Colin muttered. "Oh no, no, definitely not", Fred said. "I..." he trailed.

"You guys can't ask me questions. None at all. Okay?" Fred said. "...okay", Joe nodded. "I need to hear that from all of you", Fred said. "Yeah, of course", Kit said. "...I'll try", Colin said. "And if I do then I won't hate you for not answering them", he added. "I'll take that", Fred said. "So I won't answer your questions if you ask me any."

The three of them waited for Fred to tell them what was up. "Uhm... You guys need to help me keep an eye on Josh", Fred said. Colin frowned. "Are you stalking Josh?" He asked. "No, of course not", Fred rolled his eyes. "Josh knows I'm here, he knows I'm telling you this and I'm asking you this. He agreed to all of it", he told them. "I just... Something happened. Something between Josh and Dustin", Fred said. "Did-", Colin started. "Shush", Fred replied. "Josh will tell you when he's ready to. I won't do that", Fred said.

"Just... All you need to know right now is that something happened, and Josh can't be alone today. He can't be alone with Dustin today, specifically. So I need you guys to help me with that. During the breaks Josh will be with us either way but when he has to switch classes, one of us has to be there to walk Josh to the next one. Pick him up and drop him off. I need you to help me with that. Josh knows about this, he'll expect either of us after each class. Just... Help us out, okay? Please", Fred said.

All three of them were on board right away, of course, and worried, too. Fred just asked them to be patient with Josh, to give him time. They all wanted Josh to be safe first and foremost, and if Fred said that he couldn't be alone with Dustin all day, that meant that wouldn't be a safe situation. How serious that was and what it was about, was unanswered right now, but they trusted Fred.

"I can walk him to the next class", Kit said. "Thank you", Fred said. "I'm near his third class so I can do that before, and we can go to lunch together after", Fred said. "After lunch we have classes together with the three of us so I know he's gonna be fine then", Fred said to Joe, who nodded. "I'll go with him after that second break then", Colin said. "Josh and I share that last class as well. I'll walk him back to his dorm after", Joe said. "Perfect. Thanks, guys. I know that'll mean a lot to Josh", he said. "And to me."

"We'll always help, no matter what", Kit said.

And that's what they did; throughout the day, either of them was with Josh, to make sure he was okay. When they noticed how appreciative Josh was of them being there, they knew something more was going on, and that only Fred and Josh had the answers. During the break, they sat outside, somewhere where they never were, so Dustin wouldn't find them.