⭒ CLXXIII ⭒

Hiiii friends! I was supposed to update yesterday but I forgot omg I'm sorry 🥺 it truly felt like a Sunday so I completely forgot it was Monday and then I forgot. But I'm here with a new one!!

Bc of the holidays and a looot of work I haven't been able to write a whole lot lately and so I only have 1 more chapter finished. I have to write all of the other upcoming ones and I think that'll mean I'll be publishing 2 chapters total this week, then hopefully I'll be able to catch up enough to update more chapters again next week!

I hope you understand and don't mind ♥️ thank you for being here and for your enthusiasm on the last chapters! I think you're gonna enjoy this one. It's quite long!

Happy 2024, here's the first chapter of the new year.

Word count: 4434

~~

As Josh pulled over at a gas station to pump gas, he grabbed his phone to check on his messages and his eyes widened as he saw that he got a message from Tyler. He quickly opened it, seeing that Tyler had sent it several hours ago.

tyler joseph: hi. :)

Josh's heart was beating rapidly. He hadn't expected anything, and definitely not already. But he also noticed how Tyler sent a message on Twitter instead of a text. He didn't know what that meant, but he also didn't have time to think about that now as he was too busy focusing on Tyler sending him a message.

Josh felt his throat constrict slightly and he didn't know why suddenly this was so scary. He literally saw Tyler in person last night; how was that any less scary than receiving a message? Meeting him in person should've been even more scary.

Josh typed something, then deleted it, and he repeated that several times until he gave up and just hit send.

Josh: Hi Tyler :)

He quickly pocketed his phone and got out of the car to actually pump gas. He then went into the shop and he got himself some food and a drink, he paid for the gas, and he went back to his car. But before he could drive off, he had to check his messages one more time. And while Josh didn't expect it at all; he'd received another message.

tyler joseph: hey. thanks for trespassing last night ;) I'm really glad we got to see each other again after so long. thanks for having kept your promise.

tyler joseph: are you driving back home now? you said dallas was your last one of this tour right? be safe when you're driving back. where are you staying the night?

Josh was so giddy and smiling so widely as he read the messages. He told himself to calm down and take deep breaths. He had to play it cool, he wouldn't wanna scare Tyler away. He had to be chill.

Josh: I'm really glad we met again too! :) sorry about the trespassing though, I really didn't mean to haha I promise I won't be doing that again!! I'm driving back home right now yeah :) just had to stop to pump gas. I was kind of just planning on sleeping in my car somewhere bc I'm running low on funds for this trip haha so I don't know where I'll end up yet. Guess when I'm getting tired I'll just find a place to park somewhere :)

He hit send and since it had been several hours since Tyler sent the message, he figured he wouldn't be getting a reply any time soon. He restarted his navigation to Los Angeles and he was about to start driving again, when there was another buzz from his phone and he saw the notification from Twitter; Tyler sent a message again.

Josh debated whether or not he should read and reply to that right away or wait a little while, but he couldn't drive wondering what the hell Tyler had sent him the whole time. He grabbed his phone out of the phone stand and he opened Twitter.