⭒ CXVII ⭒

Hi friends! New chapter!

I'm updating this during my lunch break real quick so I'll keep it short haha. Thank you for the birthday wishes and the comments on last chapter! Thank you for the votes too ♥️ I hope you'll enjoy this chapter as well!

I'd love to hear what you think. Excited to see your opinions! We're with Tyler during this chapter but we're checking up on Joshie real soon ♥️

Enjoy! Quite a long one!

Word count: 4047

~~

"That food was to die for", Steve hummed. "Oh it was", Lucas agreed as he and Steve were throwing the trash away and quickly washing the dishes. "How are you feeling?" He asked Steve. "I'm... quite well. Better than I expected, honestly", he said. "You are?" Lucas smiled. "That's great news." "Yeah, I just... I don't know. I mean we cried when we got here but I thought I'd be more... hurt? But I'm... content. I don't know, it's weird. I just thought I'd... I'd obviously be happy to see him but I thought I'd be struggling more. I... love him, love him to death, but... I'm... okay being the way we are now, I think", he said.

"I'm not... rushing to get back into a relationship again. I feel like Tyler isn't either, and so... I think we're at a good spot right now", Steve smiled. "I feel like taking it slow, taking our time, and just... reconnecting on this level again, is good for us. I think that's the right thing to do", he said. "Man, that makes me so happy to hear", Lucas said as he put the plate down and he gave Steve a tight hug. "Just makes me so happy to know that my boys can hang out and enjoy their time and love each other without feeling the hurt of the heartbreak and the break up the entire time. I'm so glad you get to enjoy each other still", he said.

"So I was thinking- ...oh sorry loves, am I disturbing?" Tyler asked as he came from the balcony. "No it's fine", Steve said, letting go of Lucas as they'd still been hugging. "Just telling Lucas that I think we're in a good spot right now where I feel like taking it slow and just reconnecting and spending time on this level again is really good for us, y'know, without rushing anything", Steve said.

"Oh", Tyler blushed a little. "Yeah I... I think so too", he smiled. "I'm... more happy than hurt, with you being here", he said. "Breaking up always hurts but... I'm more glad that we're still seeing each other", he said. "Me too, Ty", Steve said as he walked up to him. He pressed a kiss on his forehead and they hugged each other. "I'm glad I got you Ty, so lucky that you're part of my life", he said. "I'm the lucky one for you putting up with toxic me", Tyler said. "None of what happened happened because you are evil or mean or manipulative. It was out of love and fear and how much you care", Steve said. "You're not a toxic person. Its just that... some stuff happened that was hard to process", he said.

"Thank you for saying that", Tyler softly said. "'Cause I've been... hard on myself about that." "He has", Lucas confirmed. "Every non-toxic person can get into a situation so shocking and hurtful that they end up doing something toxic unintentionally. That's what happened", Lucas said. "It's like... Like it was traumatic", he said. "I... don't know", Tyler softly said. "It... it might've been like that for me", he added.

"Which means you're not a toxic person. You had no mean intentions, you're just scared and worried and I'm really lucky to have someone who cares so much about me like you do", Steve said. "I just brought it to some extreme levels huh", Tyler hummed with a soft laugh. "Maybe just a little", Steve chuckled softly, and Tyler gave him another hug as he closed his eyes. "I'm sorry. Love you", he said. "Don't be. I love you too", Steve replied.

"Anyways... what did you want to say when you came in?" Steve asked as he went back to help Lucas dry the last few plates.

"Right. So, I was thinking... maybe we shouldn't get drunk, but high instead?" Tyler asked. Lucas looked over at Steve. "What d'you say?" Lucas asked. "I think I'd enjoy that more than booze right now, actually", Steve said. "Alcohol always has that risk of me getting emotional", he said. "Right, that's what I was thinking too. In some situations alcohol just makes me sob and I figured getting high together would be nice 'cause we haven't done that in a while", Tyler said.