⭒ XXXVIII ⭒

Woohoo new chapter! Excited for you to read this one and excited to write the next! I love writing for this story so much and I love these characters and ahhh I am in love with my own story okay? okay.

Sooo enjoy! Not gonna waste any time, just gonna let you guys read this chapter! Please don't forget to leave a vote and I would love to hear what you think, so don't hesitate to leave any comments! They make my day, I love reading them!

Here's chapter 38 for you <3 hope you enjoy it and I really hope to hear from you! Lots of love from me!

Word count: 5672

~~

"Are you tired?" Tyler asked with a soft smile as he saw Josh let out a soft yawn. "A little", Josh admitted. "Feel free to use my shoulder as a pillow", Tyler said to Josh, who blushed softly. He didn't move, and Tyler wrote a few words down after he and Josh decided to stay where they were for a little while longer, not joining the group just yet, and Tyler had reopened his notebook to try and see if anything else would come out.

After a little while though, he felt Josh move slightly, carefully, and he hesitantly rested his head on Tyler's shoulder. Tyler smiled softly, but didn't say anything, as he crossed out a few words before he added some more.

look, I sit back and I watch it
hands in my pockets
waves come crashing over me but I just watch them
I'm underwater but I feel like I'm on top of it

He bit his lip, staring at what he'd replaced the previous lyrics with. He gently rested his head against Josh's curls, just carefully, softly, not wanting it to be heavy for Josh and he didn't want to scare him away. "What rhymes with 'it'?" Tyler asked. "Is", Josh said. "...actually that doesn't rhyme with 'it' at all, never mind", he muttered. Tyler let out a soft laugh. "Sometimes it doesn't have to rhyme. Let's try it", he said as he wrote down is right under it. "Now I gotta seem to fill that with something. Uhm..." he trailed. "Isn't it dumb? What I said? It felt dumb", Josh said. "No it's not. There's some rules to songwriting but you can bend the rules, you don't have to strictly stick to them. I think it could work", he said. "And if it doesn't, you gotta tell me honestly", Josh said. "I will", Tyler hummed.

"Let's see... Last sentence I wrote is 'I'm underwater but I feel like I'm on top of it'. What about... uhm..." Tyler trailed. "I'm at the bottom and... and I don't know what the problem is", he said. Josh raised his eyebrows as he lifted his head up to look at Tyler. "Wait that's actually good", he said. Tyler let out a laugh. "Thanks, I'm glad you think I'm good at songwriting", he laughed. Josh blushed. "No I- I mean- I didn't think my dumb non-rhyming would actually work but- but I think it- it might", he tried to explain. "Hey, no need to explain yourself Josh, I'm just joking around", Tyler said with a smile. "C'mon, get back on here", he said as he tilted his head to the left, to make room for Josh who blushed as he rested his head back on Tyler's right shoulder.

"Let's write that sentence down", Tyler said as he wrote it down. He bit his lip as he stared at the page. He felt like he was so close to finishing these lyrics. He just needed a little bit more.

"So we got 'it' first, then 'is', now... 'in'?" Tyler asked. "...maybe?" Josh softly said. He wasn't sure how Tyler wrote songs, or how anyone wrote songs, so he didn't know what he should be agreeing to.

"I'm at the bottom and I don't know what the problem is..." he trailed the last sentence. "...I'm in a box, but I'm the one who locked me in", he said. Josh let out a soft gasp. "What?" Tyler asked. "N-nothing, I just- it blows my mind how good you are at this", Josh said softly. Tyler smiled. He rested his head against Josh's again. "Thank you babe", he said as he wrote the sentence down. "I don't think there's another word that would fit with is, in and it, so I might just rhyme the last one with 'in'. What rhymes with that?" Tyler asked. "Within, win, sin... Begin?" Tyler listed. "Uhm... What about... uh, oxygen?" Josh asked. "...Oxygen?" Tyler asked. "Uhm yeah, but it's- it's dumb, it doesn't really rhyme, sorry-" Josh muttered.