⭒ XLIV ⭒

Woohoo new chapter! I'm already writing the next chapter too and I really like that one, so I'm excited to continue writing haha!

Thank you so so much for all of your votes on last chapter! They made me so happy! I really hope that you guys enjoyed that chapter and this one. Don't forget to leave a vote again if you wanna support me! <3 and as always, comments are super welcome! I love reading them <3 <3

Let's get into it! Here's chapter 44. Once we hit chapter 50, I'll do another song list of all the songs in the last 25 chapters for everyone who's interested in that :)

Here's the new chapter! Let me know what you think! I love you <3

Word count: 5403

~~

Josh was stunned after he had seen the video. His hand clasped over his mouth as he sat up and he replayed it. There was no way he was making this up, right? Was he making it up? Was it about someone else? It couldn't be, could it? He was there during the Karaoke night in Cincinnati, it wasn't Tyler's friend that was there because they had known each other for years. Josh was the one who was hesitant to sing. Josh was the one who met Tyler during that tour. He's the one he sung the most ABBA songs with. He was the one who talked to Tyler about the fact that he believed you could have multiple soulmates.

Tyler was calling him his friend. Tyler was on the other side of the world, somewhere in Europe, dedicating a song to him. He was thinking about him. He couldn't possibly believe it. He'd been watching it a few times in a row by now, over and over since he couldn't believe it, when his phone rang and he saw that it was Jenna. He answered it, and she didn't give him the change to greet her. "Did you see it?! You must've seen it it's been like 15 minutes!" Jenna said. "I did! Jen what the hell I- I just- I've been watching it a million times in a row because I-I can't believe he did that!" Josh said.

"Tyler looooves youuuu", Jenna said in a sing-song voice. "He called you his friend, Josh! Several times! He absolutely sees you as his friend and you cannot convince me otherwise and now you have to send him a message", Jenna said. "What? What am I supposed to say to him?" Josh asked. "I- I can't just pretend like we're besties even after this! That's- no, no I can't do that", he said. "Josh for God's sake, Tyler did his part, now it's your turn! He dedicated a whole entire fucking song to you, now you're up! Message him, please! Or I'm gonna fly back to LA and force you to do so!" She said.

"...honestly that's just one more reason not to message him", Josh said, and he heard Jenna's soft laugh. "I wish I could come back and hug the hell out of you, Joshie", she said, voice going softer than before. "I really miss you. I wish I was there with you, so I could freak out and fan-girl with you together on your bed instead of having to do it over the phone", she said. "I really wish I could." "I know", Josh said softly. "I know you do, Jen. I... I'm sorry if I've been a bit of an asshole lately", he said. "I just... It's really, really hard not having you here and it hurts a lot and uhm... I- sometimes it's- it's too much for me and I just... feel like I go into flight mode y'know? How I uh... How I ended the call the other day because of homework, I just... I'm gonna be completely honest with you but I- it hurts when you tell me about how great everything is over there", he confessed softly, and Jenna was quiet. Josh bit his lip, looking up at the ceiling as he wiped a tear away.

"It hurts so badly to know that you're having the time of your life with amazing people and so many new friends and so many exciting things happening in your life, when you're without me, while here... Everything really sucks, and nothing changed except that you left and everything that sucked before, sucks even harder now and everything that didn't suck because you were here, does suck now because you're not here, and- I-I'm struggling way more than I wanted you to know but it's killing me sometimes and I don't want to keep it from you because- because you deserve a best friend who listens to you and is happy for you but I'm not- I- I can't do that right now and I wish I could and I'm trying but I'm failing because it's so hard", he cried.