⭒ CXVI ⭒

Hi ♥️

Wasn't gonna update today but it's my birthday so here's my bday treat from me to you ♥️ I'm 25 now omg

I saw Giant Rooks again yesterday (Fred's band, he's the lead singer) and mannn were they awesome once again 🥺 I love them so much and also ..... Fred is an extreme hottie fr

I hope you'll enjoy this chapter, thank you for being here!

Updating soon, love you all! As a special bday gift I'd love to hear what you thought of this chapter & I hope to see your votes 🎂🎈🎉

Enjoy. Love you ♥️

Word count: 3539

~~

Lucas was making chicken pesto pasta in the kitchen of Tyler's apartment while Tyler sat on the balcony, playing his acoustic guitar.

He'd cried plenty during their several hour drive back to Columbus, and once he entered the strange apartment, even more. He missed Steve so much already, and the only way he knew how to cope with it just a little bit, was his music.

Lucas loved listening to Tyler's guitar playing in the background. The doors to the balcony were open and the crisp autumn air breeze moved through the apartment. It felt chilly, but in a good way.

Tyler took a drag from his cigarette, leaving it to dangle from the corner of his mouth.

"Talk too much", he softly sang. "Dream too much. ...please don't leave", he continued.

Lucas paid close attention to the words Tyler suddenly started to sing.

"'Cause you're holding on to something special to me. It's... essential to me", Tyler sang. The guitar playing suddenly stopped, and as Lucas looked over, he saw Tyler scribbling down some stuff in his notebook.

He was writing music. That was good. That was a healthy way to cope. He hoped Tyler would be able to help himself with music this time, not with trashing his apartment and almost drinking himself to death.

"Hold my breath 'til I turn green", Tyler started the song he was writing back up. He hadn't realized he was writing until it happened, but he embraced.

"Please don't leave, 'cause you're holding on to special to me. It's essential to me."

It was quiet for a while, but Tyler didn't write down anything either. He just stared at the view from his balcony, eyes blank. His fingers found their way back to the strings of the guitar.

"My love", he sang, voice cracking. "Say that you, say that you love me. I won't... waste your time."

"Shut me up", he sang. "Snuff me out. Please don't leave, 'cause you're holding on to something special to me. It's essential to me."

Lucas turned the heat of the stove down a bit, wiping his hands on the towel. He made his way to Tyler, wrapping his arms around him from behind as he pressed a kiss on top of his hair. "You sound beautiful", he said. "Thank you baby", Tyler sighed softly. "Everything hurts though", he said softly. "Singing does, playing guitar does, thinking does, just... just sitting here, does", he huffed. "This fucking sucks."

"I know baby", Lucas said softly, kissing Tyler's cheek. "And I know you're gonna feel regret, but you chose what was best for both of you. You really did", Lucas said.

"I hope so", Tyler muttered. "I hope I didn't mess up."

"C'mon, let's have dinner. You need to eat", Lucas said. "I'm not hungry", Tyler softly said. "Mhm I know. Now let's eat, baby", he said. Tyler huffed softly. He could tell Lucas he was not hungry a million times, but he wasn't gonna let him skip dinner. No one experienced Tyler and his eating disorder first-hand more than Lucas and Tyler's crew did. He wasn't ever gonna risk Tyler falling back into that.