⭒ CIV ⭒

Hi loves! Here it is, the new chapter!

I was on holiday for two weeks which is why I couldn't write and update, but I'm home again now and I can finally write again! I can't wait to get back to this properly and see your reactions and replies and your opinions ♥️

I hope summer is treating you well so far! Hope you're all doing okay and I sure as heck hope you're all still here to read this story! 'Cause I'm def not giving up and going anywhere. I love this story too much!

Let me know if you're still here? Either with a comment or a vote? Would mean a lot to me!♥️

Here's the new chapter. I hope you'll enjoy it! Thank you for sticking around and supporting. Love you all! See you at the next one ♥️

Word count: 3137

~~

"So you and Fred kissed."

Josh swallowed a little difficultly. "Uhm... we- uh, yeah", he softly said. Dustin hummed.

Then he shrugged. "It's fine, doesn't really bother me", he said. "...what?" Josh asked confusedly. He didn't expect that answer. "You said it was before we went on that date and such. Assuming you didn't do it again after, and just in that time where it was a bit odd, it doesn't really bother me", he repeated the last sentence.

"...are you sure?" Josh asked with a soft frown. "Yeah. It's fine, really. Just don't do it again", Dustin said, and somehow, that gave Josh slight chills. He wasn't planning on ever cheating on anyone, not at all, but somehow that still felt... nerve-wracking? ...dangerous? Josh didn't even know what to call it. It just felt a bit... unsettling.

"O-okay", Josh softly said. Dustin sent him a smile. "Good. Glad we had that talk", he said as he got up, and Josh just didn't know what to think. But he figured, now that he was there anyways, he would just continue spilling anything he hadn't yet.

"Oh uhm... by the way", Josh started. "Mhm, you made out with someone else as well?" Dustin asked. Josh frowned softly. "What- I- n-no, no", he muttered softly. Was Dustin joking, was he playing with him? ...Josh tried to tell himself that he was.

"I- I'm uh, I'm visiting Jenna during the fall break", Josh said. "With Colin." "Oh, nice. I'll come", Dustin said, and Josh panicked slightly. "B-but uh- but", he started. "Jen, she uh... She- she invited Fred, and Kit and Joe... and t-then she said there's only five spots and that's- that's it so I... we're- I- t-that", Josh stuttered.

"We... can't", he softly said then, hating that he was stumbling over his words so much. Dustin gave him a look. "So you're inviting your friends over me? The guy you made out with while you and I were already together, before me?" He asked. "N-no, no no, no Jenna invited them already before- before I even knew", Josh quickly lied, not wanting to make Jenna the bad guy in front of Dustin, but also... he was trying to protect himself from his anxiety, and Dustin's words.

"Hm. Whatever. I'm late to my buds. See you later", Dustin slammed the door shut behind him, and Josh jumped a little at the sound as he was left alone in Dustin's dorm. His heart was pounding in his throat; what just happened? Dustin said it didn't bother him, then he went ahead and blamed Josh for inviting Fred - referring to him as the guy you made out with while you and I were already together - before him, and he slammed the door shut and left him behind?

Josh had to process what just happened, and at the same time, he promised himself to not tell any of his friends about it. Josh didn't wanna hear any of them say I told you so, especially since this was just... just an odd moment. Something like this had never happened until now, and it was just... Just an exception. A weird moment. They were fine.