⭒ LXX ⭒

Hi friends! Some of you have been super impatient for this chapter haha but hiii! I'm here to publish it so you can read it!

Ok so heads up: this is one of my favorite chapters I've ever written for this story. Might be my favorite so far but idk. I hope you love it as much as I do!

Can't wait to hear what you think of it! I really hope you'll enjoy it. Would love to update again tomorrow! Thank you for all the votes and comments on last chapter ♥️♥️

Again - long chapter! I really hope you like it. Enjoy! ♥️

Word count: 7022

~~

They arrived at the docks by the lake, and a big part of the crew were already there. The music was playing, the fire was lit, the drinks were going around, and Lucas parked the car before they all got out.

"I need a smoke first and foremost", Tyler said as he grabbed his pack of cigarettes, taking one out, and he lit one. "God, yes, me too. Been too dang long", Steve said as he did the same, and they walked to the others who were there already. They all got some drinks, and they sat down together at first. They talked quite a bit, and Josh said some stuff too, but it was mainly short, small answers, hesitant smiles, no direct eye contact and mostly nods. Tyler was still wondering what the fuck was going on besides Josh's usual anxiety, but he couldn't figure it out. Steve and Colin hit it off quite well, as they talked about music a lot. Josh nervously wiped his hands on his jeans as he looked around, seeing the full band there which just added more nerves to the ones he already had.

"Ty! Get over here! We need to talk to you!" Mark then said and Tyler looked up. "What is it?" He asked as he got up, walking over to them.

Josh let out a soft sigh as Tyler walked away, as he felt like he could breathe better. But Steve was still there, though he wasn't really looking at Josh since he was in a deep conversation with Colin, which made him feel better. He really didn't want any of Steve's attention on him right now either.

"Hey you!" Someone then said. "Me?" Lucas asked. "Yeah! We need you to decide who's right", they said. "I have to do that?" Lucas chuckled. "Yes! 'Cause you're someone who will speak the truth!" They said and Lucas let out a laugh. "I'll be back asap", he said to Josh, before he got up and he walked away as well.

"...so I added this to the song, but Brian absolutely hated it at first! And I was so upset that he did, 'cause I was so convinced that it was epic as hell. But it actually started growing on him! And now he loves it too", Steve grinned. "Really?? Oh you're making me so curious now! I wish I could hear it myself", Colin laughed. "I'll show you! C'mon, I'll hook it up to the speaker so I can let you hear part of it", Steve said. "Oh that would be awesome!" Colin said. "Josh, you wanna come?" Steve then asked, which gave Josh a mild heart attack. "Oh- oh no, no I'm okay, you- you guys go ahead", he smiled. "Alright, we'll be right back!" Colin said as he and Steve walked to the music speakers.

As Tyler looked around, still half-engaged in a conversation, he noticed that Josh was still sitting on the rock he'd originally sat down on, but he was on his own now. He'd been pretty quiet, so seemingly nervous, averting his gaze and avoiding Tyler's eyes any chance he got; he hadn't spoken much, he barely moved, and now he was alone as all the others were currently somewhere else. Tyler noticed Steve and Colin talking as he was showing him something, and saw that Lucas was engaged in a different conversation with different people now as well. Jordan and Michael were laughing about something Tyler didn't know, so they also didn't notice that Josh was currently on his own, even though Jordan said he'd catch up with Josh later.

Josh was the only one who hadn't moved. He looked at Steve and Colin again; still chatting as Steve showed him something on his phone. Lucas was now also talking to Gabe and Dylan about something, Eric and Michael were joking about things, Jordan and some others were talking to Brian, - as far as he could talk, - Ashley and a couple of the others. Everyone was doing something, everyone was talking to someone. But Josh, he was alone.