⭒ LXXXVIII ⭒

Hi friends!! New chapter! It's been a few days but I had a super busy week. Now I finally get to publish a new chapter for you! <3

I hope you'll enjoy it! Very heavily Josh-focused this time! Only a little bit of Tyguy in here. I feel like that's a nice change from the usual more Ty-focused chapters haha. I hope you'll like it!

Thank you for reading and for your support and sticking around <3 means the world to me. Love you all <3 let's dive in!

Word count: 5653

~~

"Josh?"

"Mhm?"

"I know you keep saying you're fine, but I know you're not", Jenna said.

Josh sighed softly to himself as put some chocolate mouse in a bowl, preparing a small dessert for them. "Really, I'm fine, Jen", he said, and it came out more stoic than he meant to.

"You're not. You're being... distant", she said. "Sorry", Josh replied. "Josh", she sighed softly. "Did I do something wrong?" She asked.

Josh stopped what he was doing, holding the spoon above the bowl. He stared at the chocolatey goodness, then bit his lip. He wished he would've realized how he felt about Jenna before Lucas and Tyler had called him. Then he could've mentioned it to Tyler; he could've talked about it with him. But that wasn't gonna happen now, unfortunately. He didn't have Tyler's number, and he sure as hell wasn't gonna call Lucas. Neither was he gonna message Tyler, even though he knew he could. He just didn't really believe Tyler that he was being serious about that.

Josh decided then and there, as he thought about what Tyler would do, to be honest with her. He wanted to tell her, 'cause the things he was feeling right now, and how he felt like she'd betrayed him and overstepped boundaries, was a terrible feeling he wished he didn't have.

"Yeah", he spoke softly. "You did."

"What did I do?" Jenna asked with a worried frown. "I felt like I might've done something wrong but I don't- I don't know what it is", she said. Josh put the spoon down as he turned around to look at her, then looked down. "I..." he trailed, then ran a hand down his face. "I... trusted you", he said softly. Jenna's frown deepened. "I told you what happened in Detroit because I trusted you not to tell anyone. I didn't want Ashley to know, Jen", he said, swallowing difficultly as he felt his eyes burn slightly. "I didn't want her to know. That's why I didn't tell her; that's why she didn't know yet. Because I didn't want her to know. But you just went ahead and decided to tell her what happened without my consent", he said, his breath hitching slightly.

"And I told you to stop, but you just continued after that too. I... didn't realize how much I hated that you did that right away, but the more time passed, the more... The more I realize I absolutely hate that you did that", he said softly. "You- I didn't want my sister to know. You shouldn't have assumed it was okay to tell her", he said. He let out a shaky breath right after.

Expressing his feelings like this was definitely not something he was used to, or something that was easy for him. He felt pretty bad about it, but hoped that Tyler would be, in a way, proud of him for being open and honest about it.

"That's why you're so distant with me?" She asked. Josh felt himself growing frustrated. "Yes, Jen. That's exactly why I'm being distant. I don't care if you see it as a valid reason or not. I don't care if you think it's dumb and I'm weak and I shouldn't take it so serious. This is how I feel. I can't help it. It was serious in my eyes, and I really wish you hadn't done that 'cause I feel like- like I can't trust you with a lot of things now. And it hurts, it hurts really badly, 'cause you're my best friend but right now, it... It doesn't feel like that", he softly spoke the last words.