⭒ CXXII ⭒

Hi friends! Pre-weekend update! I hope you're doing well and you're enjoying the story ♥️ I'm loving writing and updating and hearing what you all think of it! Thank you for being here, I hope to hear from you!

Can't wait for you to read this. Enjoy! ♥️

Word count: 3450

~~

Waking up naked next to Fred was surprising, and a little awkward and nerve wracking, it made Josh a little anxious, but Fred looked so kind and was so gentle and that's how he spoke and how he touched him too. Gently touching his curls, caressing his cheek, holding him in his arms, kissing his skin, making him feel at ease, like he was where he belonged.

"I hope that wasn't a uh... a one-night stand", Josh blushed. "Oh god, I hope not", Fred laughed gently. "I don't want it to be. I didn't intend for it to be", he said. Josh blushed as he looked up. "Me neither", he said. "Thank you for... for being so gentle and p-patient with me last night", he said softly. "Of course, I could never not be. Thank you for trusting me", Fred said.

Josh blushed. "I- I didn't expect myself to be so... so at ease and uh... willing", he blushed. "Not that soon." "I didn't expect that either", Fred said as he kissed Josh's forehead. "Which is why I'm so thankful. It was a pleasant surprise", he said, in a fake-chique voice, and Josh giggled. "Shut up", he slapped Fred's chest.

"So... I'm meeting your guys today", Josh said. "It's making me nervous." "I'm sure they're all gonna like you a lot. I know it doesn't help when someone says you don't have to be nervous, but... well, you don't have to be", Fred chuckled. "I know that that doesn't do anything though.But I'll be there, you're not alone", Fred said.

"We're not gonna, like... uhm, say something about us yet... right?" Josh asked. "Oh no, no just that we're roommates and close friends right? We don't need to rush any of the other stuff", he said. "I'd appreciate that", Josh said. "In uh... in college too, with C and Kit and Joe and all..? I just... I need some time to figure out how I'll tell them", Josh said. "Because they always... kind of hated Dustin, I guess. I just... I don't want them to get super excited about me failing a relationship y'know", he shrugged softly.

"I understand, I know", Fred said. "We don't have to tell anyone anything yet. We're still just figuring out this ourselves anyways, right? We haven't really defined what we are or how we'll go from here yet. We got time to figure that out", he said.

"Thank you for being so understanding", Josh said softly. "That really means a lot." "Of course baby", Fred smiled. "I love when you call me that", Josh muttered and Fred let out a soft laugh. "I love getting to call you that too. I'm already getting used to it", he teased, and Josh laughed softly as he gave him a playful shove.

After a few moments, Fred asked if Josh was alright with him going to take a shower real quick, which Josh was. As Fred was showering, he spent his time waiting looking around in Fred's room, getting to know even more about him. The pictures on the walls, the music collection, some of Fred's instruments that he wasn't able to take to college with him, and music demo's that were scattered around the room.

"Hey nosey", Fred walked back into the room, and Josh blushed. "S-sorry, I- I didn't mean to-" he started to apologize. "No, no don't say sorry, I was just teasing. I didn't mean that", Fred said as he walked up to Josh and he, slightly nervously, wrapped his arms around Josh's waist. Josh seemed to appreciate it a lot, though, so that made him feel better about it.

"I was just looking at- at those pictures", Josh said, pointing at several polaroids that were stuck to the wall.