⭒ CXXXVIII ⭒

Hi friends! New chapter yay! I promised I'd update yesterday but I couldn't bc I was gone all day and had a concert! I'm sorry 🥺 but I'm back now with a new chapter!

If I get enough votes I'll upload the next one tomorrow!

I hope you'll enjoy this one and I can't wait to hear your opinions! Some stuff will be ~revealed~ in this one and I'm really curious to hear your thoughts.

Thank you for being here, reading, voting, commenting! Makes my day every time ♥️ please enjoy. All my love!

Word count: 3526

~~

Fred wasn't too excited about Josh going to talk to Dustin, but he also couldn't stop him from doing so. Technically, he and Josh hadn't broken up yet. Technically they were still together. And that meant that Josh had to break up with him... which also meant that Josh had to face Dustin again. Fred hated that thought.

"I'm gonna be right outside okay", Fred said. Josh nodded. "I'll- I'll stay in the doorway", he said. "Please promise me you will", Fred asked softly. "I promise", Josh replied. He looked at the box of antibiotics in his hand, that they'd picked up from the pharmacy, sighing softly. He opened the glove box and put them inside, so no one would see them, and he didn't have to bring them with him.

"Okay, let's go", Josh said. Fred pressed a kiss on Josh's forehead, before they got out of Fred's car and they walked towards Dustin's building. Josh's heart rate was going a million times per second, but having Fred right there was making it easier for Josh to push himself to face Dustin. He would've turned around and ran away if it hadn't been for Fred, and he had to do this. Josh had to talk to Dustin.

They went inside and Josh was happy to see the common room was empty. The guys were either out or in their own dorms, and Josh turned to Fred. "I'll wait here", he said. "Be careful. Just... just yell, okay?  If you need me? Don't... don't hesitate", Fred said. "Just yell and I'll be there. And... and stay in the doorway", he said.

"I promise. I will", Josh said. "I'll be right back."

He gave Fred a tight hug, before he let go and he took a deep breath. Then he approached Dustin's dorm room.

He knocked on the door, waited, before Dustin opened the door. "Get in", he said. "N-no thank you", Josh said. "I... I'd rather stay here."

"Oh you really think you can keep messing with me huh", Dustin said, and he wanted to reach out to Josh, but Josh stepped back into the hallway.

"I- I can either be in the- the doorway or I- I leave", he said. It was scary, standing up for himself, standing up to Dustin. But he had to do it; everything had gone way too far. There was no other option than to finally get the hell out of this mess that he'd gotten himself in.

"Fine, pussy", Dustin said as he walked further into the dorm, and Josh stood back in the doorway. He crossed his arms as he looked down, then back up at Dustin. "...how... how are you?" He asked him. "Oh just cut to the fucking chase, Josh", Dustin said, and still, it hurt Josh's heart. Even though Dustin had treated him so terribly, even though he wanted to get away from him so badly, it still hurt his heart. Somehow, a part of him still cared for him; the part of him that seemed to actually have empathy and the part that seemed to actually care about Josh. The part that made him feel special and arranged surprises for him and made him feel lucky. He still felt love for him, in a way, but he felt love for the person that Josh had wished Dustin was, or would be. The person he'd wished Dustin could be. Instead, he treated Josh horribly, and no matter what Josh felt, he needed to end this.