⭒ CXLVII ⭒

Hi friends ♥️ new chapter! I really hope I can finish the next one before Friday, I'm trying! Just not 100% sure but I'm doing my best, I promise.

Thank you for loving last chapter, I hope you love this one too! I loved writing this and imagining them all having so much fun at the festival. Makes me happy!

Some time skips coming soon! Can't wait to hear your thoughts and see your votes and I love you all so much for being here. Thank you for everything, enjoy!♥️

Word count: 3869

~~

"Okay. I get why you're obsessed with Tyler. 'Cause now I am obsessed with Tyler", Tom said. "Fucking same", Luca chuckled. "I now wanna marry him", Tom stated, which made them laugh. "Oh man, does Tyler possess the magic power of turning straight guys gay?" Fred asked. "He must have, 'cause it just happened!" Tom joked, and Josh loved their humor. "He's just... everything and more that you want from an artist", Josh shrugged with a smile.

"Yeah and I mean, we all knew his music already, for quite a while, but this is the first time we're seeing him play live and that was fucking perfect", Finn said. "Yeah", Josh smiled. "It really was perfect."

He did not get a hi Josh, or any interaction from Tyler, he was just a regular fan somewhere in the crowd and nothing more, but Josh felt like he didn't even care at this point. He felt alive, he felt excited, happy that he finally got to see Tyler again. It felt... liberating. Somehow, only now, it felt like Josh had truly gotten rid of Dustin. He had no power over him anymore, no manipulation tactics left to practice on him, no aggressive hands to grab on to him, no words he could say to make Josh get back to him. He had friends who protected him, who knew, who lifted him up, and Josh felt like Dustin was nothing more than a nightmare now. That wasn't his life; not anymore. He didn't have to be okay with that, to settle for that. None of that.

Josh was able to free himself from him, together with the help from his friends and Tyler - even though Tyler didn't even know - and that's what Josh felt coursing through his body right now. True joy.

"C'mon, let's go see Dead Poet Society", Josh smiled. He felt even more excited for the rest of the festival now that Tyler had given him a truly unforgettable experience.

//

As Tyler ran off stage, his friends greeted him with applause and cheers and Tyler laughed as he stopped to dramatically bow. As he got up, he was wrapped up in a tight hug from his soulmates. "You were incredible, Ty", Lucas told him. "You're the king of Bonnaroo this year for sure", Steve said. "That crowd was head over heels in love with you, Tyler. You're killing it. The only way this is going is up, I know it", Dan smiled as he gave him a hug. He then handed Tyler a drink and they all toasted together. "To Tyler!" Dan said, and the rest followed. "To friendship", Tyler replied with a smile.

They talked for a few minutes, Tyler still feeling the adrenaline rush through his body. He went to freshen up quickly and caught up with Steve, Lucas, Gabe and Eric to go see part of Dead Poet Society's set.

"Wait I love this song! Oh we just got here in time!" Gabe said as he skipped closer to the stage. Eric ran into some other guys from bands that he knew and he greeted them, staying to talk for a bit, while the rest joined Gabe.

"I know I'm sounding crazy, know you think I'm fucking lazy, but you'll never understand!" Gabe sang along. "I'm so high, this life's like heroin, got me on my hands and knees. There's no light inside, I'm paralyzed, but fuck it 'cause I'm in too deep!" He danced around, grabbing Tyler's hands to make him move too, and Tyler laughed as he danced with Gabe.