Chapter 2: Hidden Mistress.

Ye Yunlan opened the door.

Rong Ran was standing in front of the door with a bamboo umbrella, smiling at him. He was dressed in blue clothes. Born refined and beautiful, the beauty of the world seemed to melt into his appearance. His eyes seemed to be full of spring air when he smiled.

"Ah Lan finally opened the door." Rong Ran smiled and put away the bamboo umbrella in his hand, "Quickly go in, it's raining. Careful or else you might catch a cold."

Ye Yunlan looked at him silently for a long while, then turned and walked inside.

He just got out of bed and went straight to open the door, so he didn't wear any shoes.

Rong Ran put the bamboo umbrella by the door and turned his head to see the pair of bare feet.

It was not as big and rough as the average man. The feet were white and narrow, a beautiful shape with the heels still slightly pink.

He was not healed from his serious injury and was unsteady as he walked. Staggering, the back of his instep would be slightly arched causing his toes to tightly curl towards the ground to barely stabilize his figure.

Rong Ran stared at him for a while before entering the house with Ye Yunlan.

Intentionally or unconsciously, every step he took, he stepped on the place where Ye Yunlan had just walked, not a centimetre off.

Sitting on the carved chair, Ye Yunlan looked sideways at the rain outside the window. His face was pale and indifferent.

Rong Ran didn't care about Ye Yunlan's indifference.

It was normal for Ye Yunlan to feel depressed since he was seriously injured and his path to cultivation was broken. No cultivator could easily accept it.

He walked to a round table made of golden silk and sandalwood in the house. Taking a blue and white lotus patterned cup on the table, he picked up the teapot to fill it up. He found that the tea in the cup was still warm, and looked down. The bottom of the teapot had a formation carved by someone to keep the content warm.

The light from the peripheral of his eye swept across to the corner of the wall. There was a purple sand backflow incense burner, and a waterfall of white incense pouring down. The smell that lingered was a very precious, concentrated incense for spiritual cultivation.

Everything in this house was well arranged.

The smile in Rong Ran's eyes slowly faded. He picked up the cup of tea and walked to the window. Leaning over, he handed it to Ye Yunlan.

"Ah Lan, take a sip of tea to warm up your body first." He said softly, "There was an accident in the Yaochi Secret Realm and I heard that you were seriously injured. I have been very worried these past few days."

Ye Yunlan took the cup of tea and held it in his hand, but didn't drink it. He looked down at the tea leaves floating in the cup. After a while, he opened his mouth, "Senior Brother Rong, I couldn't find the Returning God Pill in the secret realm."

Rong Ran was taken aback, then quickly responded: " Ah Lan, you...I just mentioned it casually at the beginning, why did you have to put it to heart? Returning god pill is very precious. Even if it was in the secret realm, it would be placed under a heavily restricted area. Obtaining it would be very difficult. When the divine fire got out of control and the Secret Realm collapsed, I was already very lucky that you were able to escape, so why would I still want you to find medicinal pills for me."

"Ah Lan, you are my savior." He leaned down and looked at Ye Yunlan directly with his soft eyes, his eyes full of sincerity, "I took you into the sect only for the hope that you don't have to suffer anymore from this world. Do what you want to do. Live happily, I don't need you to do anything for me."