Chapter 63: Blasphemy.

The only one he considered as a...... partner?

Shen Shu clenched his palm.

Could it be that as Ye Yunlan's disciple, being with the other in Sky Sect for so many years, he was still not regarded as a partner by the other party?

He was not reconciled and wanted to ask questions. However, he suppressed them.

It was different.

There was a voice in his heart that told him coldly.

Disciples and partners were clearly different.

He looked at Ye Yunlan sitting at the table, his expression calm and distant. Even if he turned his head, his eyes didn't really look at him but fell into empty space. It was as if he looked at places beyond his reach, vaguely revealing some memories and longings.

It was not him who made Ye Yunlan show such an expression.

He heard Ye Yunlan's voice.

"... I met him at the end of my life."

"He was very strong and in a high position. He wielded the power to control life and death, temperament unpredictable. Everyone was afraid of him." Ye Yunlan paused, "It's just that when he was in front of me, he was tolerant. When he was occasionally irritated and playful, he was like a child."

"He taught me many things."

"Without him, there would be no me today."

"He once thought of marrying me. At first, I didn't answer him." Ye Yunlan looked down at the tea leaves floating in his teacup. The tea reflected his pale face, "Later, he died to protect me."

"Those things, it's been a long time."

"But I haven't forgotten it."

Ye Yunlan's voice had always been flat. After saying that, he sipped from the teacup, but Shen Shu seemed to have gotten a glimpse of something quietly hidden. Something so intense, but his words appeared indifferent.

Shen Shu heard his hoarse voice.

"That's why Master said that he would never find a dao companion in this life? Is it because of this reason?"

Ye Yunlan answered quietly, "Yes."

Shen Shu: "Disciple...understands."

He suddenly felt that the cabin was smothering him. He got up and said to Ye Yunlan, "Master, I want to go for a walk."

Ye Yunlan nodded and did not look at Shen Shu anymore. He seemed to feel a little tired and raised his hand to remove his hair crown. Then, he took off his outer robe and went to rest on the bed.

Shen Shu carefully closed the door for him.

Only when Ye Yunlan could not be seen in the door crack did Shen Shu put his hands on the door. He slowly lowered his head and his face sunk into the shadows.

His chest was impatient and depressed, and the wound in his soul still ached. Whenever he couldn't control his emotions, an undercurrent would gush out of him.

He heard the sound of ghosts screaming. There were some shimmering shards inside. But whenever he wanted to see clearly, he would have a headache.

In heaven and earth, there seemed to be something preventing him from snooping.

Shen Shu hit the wall next to him.

...

The flying boat traveled for three days and stopped at Sky Sect's Wendao slope.