Chapter 47: Morning Light.

The person behind his back was shaking.

Five spasming fingers clasped his shoulders. He was like a kitten whimpering with his crying voice.

He stopped.

Except in bed, he rarely saw this person cry.

He knew that although this person looked soft and docile, he was actually stronger than most people in the world. He was familiar with being silent, patient, and enduring it all. However, once he was attached to something, he would not surrender and step aside.

He had wanted to break the other party's hard shell multiple times to look at the other party's soft inside.

It's just that in the end, he couldn't bear it.

But at this moment, this person's shell was finally crushed. All the fragility and panic displayed in front of him, but he had no desire to appreciate it at all. He only wanted to draw his sword and smash the corpse of all the people who had hurt this person.

"Senior Immortal," he said, trying his best to control the overflowing hostility and his breathing. He said in a low voice, "Don't cry."

The person behind him only repeated: "It hurts... it hurts..."

He was silent for a moment, then asked: "Will you feel pain if you go up again?"

"It hurts..."

"I will fall...it hurts..."

The words of the person behind him were messy and shattered, his voice very low. He had to listen very carefully to barely hear that little statement.

Just one little statement.

But it made his fist clench so hard that it was about to bleed.

Yes.

Unlike him, a monster born from darkness and filth, humans were born longing for light.

The stone ladder was the only way to escape the tower, so this person had to try climbing it.

But then he saw this man sitting next to the stone ladder like a corpse, his bare skin stained with blood, and bones scattered on the ground.

Even if the wound was no longer visible on this person, he could imagine it.

——This person had been extremely close to the sky before but fell and had his bones broken.

More than once.

The climbing process was extremely long, but it only took a moment to fall.

How many times did this person repeat this, climbing up then falling down, before he became this broken?

He dared not think too deeply on this.

"Don't be afraid," he said, "...It won't hurt anymore."

"I will take you out, leave here, then go to a place with sunshine. The breeze and vegetation there are gentle. You can live freely, go see the scenery you want, and do what you want to do."

He said this as he took another step.

Suddenly, he felt a pain in his shoulder. The person behind him bit him with an open mouth.

He wasn't angry. He laughed.

"Bite down," he said, "If it makes you feel better."

His heavy footsteps echoed in the darkness.

With his low voice, he continued with what he said .

"...After you go out, it's okay if you don't want to move. I'll accompany you."