Chapter 76: Way out.

As Shen Shu spoke, the scarlet redness of his eyes faded instantly, turning back to the usual jade black.

Through his spiritual sense and contact with Afterglow, Ye Yunlan affirmed that the person in front of him was not an illusion but his disciple he was looking for after entering the secret realm.

His face was constantly changing between pale and thin red. After a while, he finally spoke in a cold voice: "Your Master thought that since I made you retreat and reflect these past few years, you will know what is wrong...Shen Shu, do you still remember that I am your master?"

He moved the wound on the top of his lip that Shen Shu bit during the conversation and thus frowned with pain.

He wiped it with his finger, and a trace of bright red blood remained on the fingertip.

Ye Yunlan looked at the blood on his fingertip, his expression getting colder and colder.

He had restrained himself in the illusions. He didn't want to allow himself to become engrossed. In the end, nothing ridiculous happened with the person in the illusion. On the other hand, Shen Shu was overtaken. Taking him and acting like this... His eyes were red, and he almost became demonic.

If he really was an illusion, did Shen Shu know that he would have fallen into the trap and sink deeper and deeper in the illusion, making it even more difficult to break free?

It was... it was so unbelievable.

He still wanted to speak and reprimand him, but his words were really lacking. At last, he cursed in a low voice, "I didn't know that the disciple I received was originally just a dog."

Shen Shu, who he slapped, was scolded again. At first, his face was stunned, but he didn't show that he was affected. Instead, he changed into his honest appearance again to admit his mistakes.

"I was out of control just now. I encountered too many illusions. For a while, I mistakenly recognized Master, please don't be angry."

He apologized, but his eyes didn't blink for a moment when he looked at Ye Yunlan.

Blood smeared on the thin, pale lips of the person in front of him. It was almost the same color as the clothes on his body. Against his black hair and white skin, it was like white paper stained with ink.

His Adam's apple rolled slightly, a touch of interest lingering in his eyes.

Ye Yunlan didn't notice the change in him. He only snorted coldly, wiped the blood from his fingertip and lips with the hem of his suit, then walked back holding his sword.

The Netherworld Secret Realm was dangerous, and this was not the time to argue with Shen Shu. Besides, this could wait until they finish with everything, then he could deal with these matters with Shen Shu.

"Where is Master going?"

Shen Shu hurriedly followed as if nothing had happened before.

"To find the key to break the illusion." Ye Yunlan paused and asked nonchalantly: "You came from the gray fog, did you find anything?"

Indeed, he found many monsters that shouldn't belong to this place... and he also "ate" a lot...

Or rather, he himself was one of these monsters.

Shen Shu thought about it, then replied: "There was no big discovery. I realized that I was in an illusion in a wooden hut. After traveling all this way, I couldn't see other people, but I encountered a lot of monsters that attacked me in the gray mist. They seem to be resentful spirits, but there were also other ones. However, they are all not my opponents, um... my Afterglow sword has already wiped out all those who dared to attack me."