Chapter 50: Dawn (Part 1)

The Yaori Imperial Palace.

There was a crisp sound.

It was the sound of the wine cup in the Ye Emperor's hand falling to the ground.

The gilt cup body was engraved with flying luans. After the cup rolled on the ground a few times, the cup body met a pair of lotus shoes.

Ye Tange squatted and picked up the wine glass.

Her black hair swooped down from her slender neck. The gesture of her leaning over to pick up the cup appeared very elegant and feminine.

She handed the wine glass to the palace people to deal with, then lightly walked behind Ye Emperor. She raised her soft hands and gently rubbed Ye Emperor's shoulders.

"Your Majesty, what annoyance did you encounter?"

Ye Tange whispered.

Her voice was soft and beautiful, like a lark singing on a branch.

Ye Emperor: "Ye Zixin's soul lamp went out."

Ye Tange squeezed his shoulders, pausing, "Elder Zixin...after becoming the Yaori Secret Guard, he has worked diligently for our clan for thousands of years, but now he's dead? This makes one sad...Your Majesty, are you considering holding a clan funeral for Elder Zixin?"

Ye Emperor snorted coldly. Ye Tange was always like this. She belonged to an ancient clan but is still too soft-hearted. She would always be emotional at untimely moments.

It's just that she is his woman and he spoils her. As long as she doesn't overstep the rules, her being a little naive... isn't a big matter.

"Tange, you have forgotten. Ye Clan funerals are held prior to the conversion of becoming a Yaori Secret Guard. Once they become a Yaori Secret Guard, they are just weapons." Ye Emperor discoursed coldly, "Just a weapon."

Hearing this, Ye Tange's beautiful eyes filled with a pool of lake water.

The Ye Emperor continued: "If a weapon is damaged, it is not worth your grief. What Zhen is bothered about is why Ye Zixin died."

"I have allowed him to use the power of the sacred tree, and Ye Zixin himself is also a powerful man with half his foot in the Transcendence Realm. What he needed to deal with was just a mortal who has no power to even truss a chicken, but he mysteriously died..."

Ye Tange said suddenly: "Your Majesty, can you tell Chen Qie who Elder Zixin had to deal with?"

Ye Emperor paused and did not answer.

He remembered that when he signed the sacred contract, Ye Tange cried and begged him not to persecute Ye Yunlan. In the end, he finally made him agree to Ye Yunlan's request to change the contract. He had crossed out the part in the treaty that would not allow the other party to step into the Western Continent.

He really couldn't bear Ye Tange crying.

But the reason why he agreed to this was because the Yaori Secret Guard he sent was about to reach Tianchi Mountain. Ye Yunlan was already going to be a dead person. Even if the contract was not written, a dead person would naturally not be able to set foot into the Western Continent.

It's just that Ye Zixin has died now.

Ye Yunlan was born with the destined phoenix star and was destined to be the Ye Clan's calamity.

It now appears that this calamity was not so easy to resolve.

The Ye Emperor's heart was irritated. When he faced Ye Tange's question, he became a little impatient.