Chapter 44: Fierce Wolf.

"The Divine Fire invades the lungs. As time goes by, it will only become more and more difficult to suppress... dual cultivation is the last option."

The man's chilly voice rang in his ears as if the words were a warning.

It was late at night.

Ye Yunlan sat on the bed, silent. He turned his head to look at the stars outside the window.

The dim sea of ​​clouds floated outside the flying boat, while the starlight poured in from the window sill. Reflected on his face, it made him look increasingly pale and weak.

A tall man stood beside him.

Having traveled thousands of miles from the Eastern Continent, the man still showed no signs of fatigue.

The white hair was crowned high with a silver crown. He was wearing a cloud pattern feather robe and a large crane cloak. Just by standing silently, he exhibited a sense of neglect to the world of mortals.

The lord of Sky Sect, Qiyun Jun.

Qiyun Jun put his hand on Ye Yunlan's wrist to check his pulse. He held it very tightly.

"It has been three years since you were injured." He said, "You don't have many three years to waste."

Ye Yunlan: "I don't need that much."

Qiyun Jun looked at Ye Yunlan expressionlessly.

Three days ago, he received news from He Lanze that this man was injured. He was begged to take action and suppress it.

He cultivated the ruthless Dao and lived in Yuntian Palace all year round. If unnecessary, he would never pay attention to the things in the world.

But he still came.

"Ye Yunlan," he rarely called a person's full name like this. "Become my apprentice. Cultivate the ruthless dao I taught you and curb all other distracting thoughts. With me supplementing my spiritual power, you could easily suppress the divine fire for a hundred years. After a hundred years, if I'm in the void tracing realm, I can save your life."

Three years ago, Qiyun Jun already expressed the desire to accept him as a disciple.

Ye Yunlan didn't take his gaze back from the window. He said indifferently: "I don't know why Immortal Venerable is so attached to the matter of my life and death."

This person always spoke like this.

He was noticeably cold as ice, like a hedgehog curled up. Ifa person stretched out their hand, he would use a spine to pierce them.

Qiyun Jun: "What if I insist on saving you?"

He didn't say it in a moment of anger.

He had a premonition. If he didn't save this person and watched him return to dust, he would regret it.

But regret for a sword cultivator who cultivates the ruthless dao is indeed something absurd.

How can there be regrets if you have never been emotional?

Qiyun Jun didn't think that he was emotional. He thought it was just pity.

Yes, it should be just pity.

——Unfortunately, the person who could have become his opponent would only sink back to the earth, unable to advance all the way to the horizon.

"How do you want to save me?" Ye Yunlan said, "In the world of cultivation, no daoist has stepped into the void tracing realm for hundreds of years. You say that you can reach the void tracing realm in a hundred years? I don't believe it. Besides, I don't want to cultivate any ruthless dao."