Chapter 14: Cut Candle*

* cutting off the extra candle wick to maintain bright lighting

"There are nine realms to cultivation. Six as mortal and three when you transcend into an immortal."

"The six realms as a mortal consists of qi refining, foundation establishment, golden core, nascent soul, demi-god, and ascension."

"The three realms as immortal are transcendence, void tracing, and immortal ascension."

Taking into account Shen Shu's situation, Ye Yunlan decided to start with the most basic knowledge in the cultivation world.

He had a lot of patience towards his only apprentice in his past and present life.

What Shen Shu had missed out on and never been taught, he would fill in for the other party.

The boy's eyes brightened when he heard this, and he asked curiously: "Is there really a real immortal in this world?"

Ye Yunlan was startled.

This question, there's probably no one in the world who could give an accurate answer.

In the tens of thousands of years recorded in human history books, there were only a handful who reached the void tracing realm, each a brilliant existence in their era.

...But nearly all fell under the tribulation of Immortality.

The reason for saying 'nearly all' is because there was once a phoenix monster lord that went missing in their Immortal Tribulation, they did not leave bones like the rest.

Many people have speculated that it had become a celestial being and have left. However, at that time no one saw the gate of the celestial world open.

In the past three thousand years, in the world, there hasn't appeared a person exceeding the void tracing realm.

So, are there really immortals in this world?

More than one person has asked this question.

Never aging and ascending to immortality was a dream pursued by countless practitioners.

Ye Yunlan may be the only person in the world who knew the answer.

However, he was silent for a while: "Shen Shu, what do you think is an immortal?"

Shen Shu: "Exceptionally talented, in control of the universe, that's an... immortal?"

Ye Yunlan: "That's wrong. Only mortals would want to be exceptional and control the universe. But immortals won't."

There was a slight indifferent look in his eyes, "...because immortals and humans are two completely different things. "

Shen Shu blinked, a little puzzled.

Ye Yunlan did not continue to explain.

Suddenly, "Shen Shu, tell me, why do you want to cultivate?"

Shen Shu thought for a while, and said straightforwardly: "I want to gain power."

Ye Yunlan did not express an opinion.

"If it's just for power – you already have power that can be easily controlled," he said, "Why continue to practice?"

Shen Shu wanted to speak, but Ye Yunlan stopped him, "Think clearly before answering, this is very important to you."

Shen Shu is a semi-finished product of a demon puppet.

Even though it was only a semi-finished product, a demon puppet's ability to become stronger as long as it absorbs the world's filthy energy still remains in him. Relying on this method to become stronger, when more filthy energy is absorbed, the deeper the transformation will be into becoming a demon puppet... until it is irreversible.