Chapter 116: Longing.

It was Shen Shu.

He walked in and closed the palace door. The faint light that peeked in died off.

Darkness shrouded the entire palace once more.

Shen Shu ambled to the bed and sat down.

He glanced over Ye Yunlan's chain-bound wrist, lifted his head, and slightly bent his eyes toward Ye Yunlan, saying: "Master, you're awake."

Ye Yunlan's hands quivered.

The chains were a reminder of that intolerable memory that also transpired in the Demon Palace many years ago. He raised his hand as if he wanted to slap Shen Shu's cheek. However, his hands shook, and he curled up his five fingers when he faced Shen Shu's ruby, smiling eyes. At last, he didn't slap him.

"Shen Shu, do you know what you are doing?" He took a breath and squeezed out his voice word by word.

Shen Shu: "I know." As he said this, he raised his hand to hold Ye Yunlan's hand in the air. He pulled it to his palm and gently rubbed the lock on his wrist.

The slender wrist was fragile in his palm. He smiled, "Didn't Master just want to hit me? Why stop?"

Ye Yunlan: "Shen Shu!"

The rising anger made his face appear stained with rouge. A thin red emerged from his neck to the tip of his ears.

He wanted to raise his hand again, but Shen Shu clasped his wrist.

The chains made a crisp sound during the struggle.

Shen Shu squeezed his wrist and said: "Master, don't be angry. Anger isn't worth impairing your body."

"Although I'm ready to be used as a human furnace for Master, it's still better to first avoid tossing around as much as possible with Master's current physique. Otherwise, you'll faint during dual cultivation, and the spiritual power instilled will be incomplete. It'll make me worry."

"The Ye Clan's blood has been revived in Master. If Master also absorbs my power, Master's body will definitely be much better. Then, it doesn't matter how you want to toss me around." He reached out his hand to brush the white hair on Ye Yunlan's cheeks behind his head. He looked at his golden eyes, "As long as Master does not leave me."

Ye Yunlan: "——Shen Shu, have you forgotten that I am your master!"

Shen Shu's face restrained his smile.

"How can I forget? It was Master who saved my life back then. It was also Master who taught me the sword, guided my cultivation, and watched my growth. You are the most important person in my life."

He held his hand, then lowered his head and kissed the back of his hand.

"I will never forget you."

Ye Yunlan: "Your meaning of 'never forgetting' is to imprison your Master against his will and insist on dual cultivating with him?"

Shen Shu: "Because I don't just treat you as my benefactor. I also see you as my lifelong dao companion."

Ye Yunlan: "... Nonsense!"

"I've been wondering which one is more intimate: Master and Disciple or dao companions? Back then, I would be jealous every time I listened to you mention your former dao companion," Shen Shu continued on his own, "But now I don't have to be jealous anymore."

"Now, only I am by Master's side, and it will only be me in the future," he whispered as if talking to himself, "I alone am enough."

Blackness appeared within his red and cold eyes.